Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Should I come off HRT  (Read 1931 times)

annemarie

Should I come off HRT
« on: May 05, 2016, 07:06:56 AM »

Hello everyone, I have been taking Femosten conti 1/5 for five months and for the past 3 months have started have bleeds every other week, along with cramps and low mood swings. Previous to this I was on Prenonique until they were hard to get hold of, with no bleeds.  I started HRT after not having a bleed for over 2 years.  I am now frustrated, should I just come off HRT and what would the consequences be?

Anne marie

Mary G

Re: Should I come off HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:01:12 PM »

I definitely would not come off HRT altogether.  Why not switch to a bio identical transdermal form of HRT?  I know some people like oral HRT but I didn't find it to be very effective and it didn't deliver enough oestrogen.

I am on the Oestrogel/Utrogestan regime and have found it to be the most effective form of HRT by a very long way.  Why not switch and give it a try? 

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 05:04:42 PM »

How old are you annemarie?

I agree with the others - defo no need to stop HRT, and transdermal is the way to go.

I use an oestrogen patch and separate progesterone which works a treat and always has done - I started it in late peri-meno and I'm now 63 - having taken it for 9 years.

Hurdity x

Dollydream

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 05:24:09 PM »

Hi Annemarie
I feel your pain!!  I stopped taking a continuous HRT 10 days ago as I couldn't go on with the persistent breakthrough bleeds which lasted 3 months.  The hot flushes have been minimal so far (I know it's early days) and haven't been woken up with one yet.  It is such bliss to not to have the bleeding and the cramps though.    I would see your GP and try and change your HRT.  I have got a sequential HRT to start when things get bad again, but at the moment feeling OK without it.
x

annemarie

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 05:49:38 PM »

Hi

I am 55, doctor does not seem to know what to do, I don't think she knows much about it, and it does not help that my knowledge is minimal.

Anne Marie