Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: duloxetine  (Read 5924 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: duloxetine
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 04:11:44 PM »

Hi WTD & CLKD

Hope you are both okay. 

Just a thought WTD, if you've successfully come off duloxetine then you can do anything!
Do you take Trazadone at a certain time of day?  Why not see how you feel on a day to day basis?  Say assess each day at 8 pm maybe, and then maybe you'll be able to tell if your mood is going down.

walking the dog

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 04:25:17 PM »

Thank you that's a lovely thing for you to say.
I'm meant to take it at bedtime as it helps with sleep , I could just see how I go without but then I think if I'm ill with depression it will take a few weeks to work and also why not take itbif it might help. On other hand I think I'm AD free and never had any success with them so do I really want to go through it all again , I'm going in circles, I got a bit upset with myself before over it which made me think I should take it, but I still cant decide. I also hate going against my gp s advice as she has been so fantastic trying to help me.my husband is completely against me taking anything apart from hrt .i just don't know what to do :-\

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »

Well hopefully CLKD will be along soon and she's very knowledgeable in these areas.

I do have days when I can't make a decision to save my life, why not wait till the morning, and with a clearer head, see how you feel.

You've done a massive thing by coming off those tablets, so don't be hard on yourself.  :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 06:22:36 PM »

I feel a lot better thank you.  It was my own silly fault for not taking the BB at night.  It's surprising how different I feel when I take my meds. properly.

WtD - your Husband needs to keep his Big Gob Shut!  If you could go without what ever you need then you wouldn't be asking your GP for help. 

I take 5mg AD at night and morning: I have to take it for Life.  My depression is cyclical over 22 months.  I see my GP when necessary but certainly every 12 months for review.  I self medicate as necessary.

For me the mornings are worse - that's when I will feel anxious/unable to cope/worried …… by evening I'm a different person  ::).  I measure my anxiety on a 1-5 scale, 1 being low and 5 reaching for the anti-anxiety meds..

walking the dog

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 06:37:22 PM »

Glad you feel better its so easy to forget to take pills.
Thank you for your good advice I am going to take the Trazodone tonight ,your words about asking my gp for help hit home, I will be running to her and she will ask why I didnt start it and tell me to take it so I may as,well take it now! If that makes sense.my husbands usually very supportive but he has never had depression so has no idea what uts like, now I have decided to start it he will be supportive.

walking the dog

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 06:40:45 PM »

And when I think about it I wouldn't have been prescribed it if I  didn't need it and it was the psychiatrist who told my gp to try me in it so its not as if I haven't had a lot of input. I have no idea why I wasn't thinking this rationally earlier ! Hormones /anxiety / depression

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 06:45:20 PM »

Worry about side effects, thinking that we can go it alone without medication, worrying about what others might think ….

I DREADED side-effects even from pain relief  ::).  I wanted to find out what was causing my depression B4 taking medication; once I accepted that I required regular ADs, Himself and I had a Life again; I no longer tell anyone about what medication I take  ::)

When I was starting on a new drug I would do so at weekends when I had less commitments and at night ……. so any side-effects didn't clash with having to get up with the alarm!

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:30:44 PM by CLKD »

lisa789

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »

I've tried many antidepressants over the years citalopram, venlafaxine, duloxetine, mirtazipine & trazodone on 2 occasions.

Venlafaxine was the worse to come off followed by duloxetine. The easiest to start up on and wean off for me was Trazodone. If you can handle duloxetine trazodone will be a walk in the park for you. For the first couple of weeks you get a bit of a dry mouth and can be sluggish on a morning as it has something in to help you sleep.

Good luck and I hope the meds work for you xx

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 09:31:22 PM »

Strange how we all benefit/not differently from the same medication.  Wonder why  :-\

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 11:34:34 AM »

How are you all feeling today?

WTD - when you took Duloxetine, when did you take yours? I take mine in the morning. But thinking of increasing to 30 mg and was wondering whether to move it to evening times instead.

I've been on Venlafaxine before, so let's hope that the withdrawal from Duloxetine won't be too bad!

walking the dog

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »

I took it in the mornings and was on 90 mg at one point I was on venlafaxine but swapped from that straight to duloxetine so didn't feel any withdrawals, I was on sertraline originally and have had the most success with it but after a,year it stopped working.all I can do is try trazodone and as lisa789  has said its was to come off compared to duloxeine I'm hoping when the time comes I will be ok.
Mis71 mum  do you feel duloxetine has,worked but is now not working so well ,is that why your considering upping dose?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 12:23:47 PM »

WTD - Yes i've been on it for 7 months now at 20mg and yes to start off with, it did help me.  But now i'm thinking that it's stopped working.....or at least it's not as effective as it was.  I thought the side effects were awful too, that's the reason that I don't want to increase unless really necessary.  The brand I take is TEVA.

I was hoping that HRT may help but I'll need to take that for a good 3 months before I can see any changes.  But the HRT has stopped me crying so far, been on it just over 2 weeks!

I have my life back...go to work, look after my children, sort the house out, but my day can be ruined by a random thought....just don't have the ability to shrug it off just yet.....and seem to spend time in my head analysing which I didn't do before.  Not sure if that makes sense or you know what I mean by that.

When I was on venlafaxine, I was on 37.5 mg, then 50 mg and then I moved to the extended release.  I think duloxetine make my foggy and numb in the afternoon, then teatime, I come round. 

walking the dog

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 12:33:14 PM »

It made me feel awful the whole Tim I was on it and it didn't help. If you feel the benefit of it maybe discuss upping dose with your gp? Glad the hrt has stopped your crying spells , all my hopes are pinned on trazodone in that respect but so far six years no AD or hrt has helped with my mood.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2016, 01:53:23 PM »

Hi WTD

Was just wondering how long you were on venlafaxine and duloxetine for? 
Also you method of withdrawal was it just taking it for every other day whilst on 20mg....how long did you did that for?

walking the dog

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 02:42:17 PM »

Wasn't on venlafaxine long maybe six month it made me very irritable duloxetine about four years and did the 20mg every other day for two weeks then stopped altogether. The first ten days,were hellish but it was ok after that and I feel ok now but from experience I know my mood will plummett at some point, meant to be getting urgent referral to a cpn well that's a week ago now!
Pages: 1 [2]