Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gaps between periods having a panic  (Read 8586 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gaps between periods having a panic
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 02:12:59 PM »

Yep.  It's likely to be oestrogen levels dropping off.  'within normal limits' .

Machair

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 03:00:18 PM »

Sarai I really feel for you. Last week I had what felt like ovulation- fertile mucus and a speck of pink discharge, it wasn't I know as I take my temp each morning, and there was no sustained rise. Yesterday yellow brown staining and I am in a bad mood. Also worried to if this is normal. Think I am trying to have a period but nothing so far yet today. So are you saying you have had one period normal length after a long gap of a few months and now a few days later another is trying to start?

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »

I went through that too.  Because I had 'pre-menstrual' symptoms B4 each un-expected bleed, I didn't take much notice.  Maybe speak with your Practice Nurse?

Machair

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 03:11:09 PM »

Thank you CLKD I am planning to go to the doctors by the end of the summer for a thorough check up if I am not finished by then, as I will be 56 and a half. My periods, if you can call them that, are getting lighter and lighter, but no sign of the end of fertile looking mucus so presume still have excess oestrogen. Did you have periods at the end that were really just spotting?

Sarai

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 03:54:21 PM »

Machair, no I had just over 7 month gap, then the day after a massive shock, I got a very heavy period that then behaved like normal and tailed off over a week. That was February, now today I got basically a spot mixed with a small amount of liquid. Basically from nowhere. I'd be fine about it if I'd not been told this sort of thing can be cancer 😥

Machair

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 04:19:09 PM »

It might be another period coming.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 04:21:23 PM »

Yep.  I didn't have mucus for years  ::).  Low back pain, irritability, weepyness then hey presto! a bleed.  Red or sometimes brown flow for a few days.  The most irritating thing was that the flow would be on and off for days  ::) which meant I needed a panty liner  >:(.  In case.  I didn't stop carrying sanitary protection until 5 years after my last bleed  ::)

Machair

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 04:28:30 PM »

Do you mean that you would say bleed or have brown staining for 2 days let's say, then have a day or even several apart without, then start again - that type of thing but very light?  Was this at the final stage before that final bleed?

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 04:31:20 PM »

Mine were intermittent for 2+ years, I didn't really notice because iwas caring for several sick/elderly pets.  It was a relief not to get a bleed  ::).  I had red blood as a 'normal for me' period, sometimes it was brown for a few days then maybe a gap of months.  Then low back pain etc. and within a few days a bleed or brown discharge would appear.  Until then my periods had been 32 days apart regular with INTENSE pains which is why I went onto the Pill and was eventually sterilised. 

Machair

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 05:33:03 PM »

Oh I see what you mean- more irregular gaps, rather than stop start on one episode of bleeding which is also what I have.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 05:34:39 PM »

I had that as a teen - also I would bleed for 10 days, have 5 free, then another 10 days of heavy periods.  Bugga  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]