Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil  (Read 1962 times)

Smokey

Mirena coil
« on: May 10, 2016, 11:05:30 AM »

Ok seen my consultant, and it has been agreed that I will have the mirena coil fitted for the prog part of Hrt and oestrogel gel which I can dose accordingly up to equivalent of 100 patch.

My question is when to have it fitted can't remember if he said just before period or just after🙈 And why is this important. The leaflet he gave me says during period (yuck).

Experiences please?

Thanks

Ann x

Dyan

Re: Mirena coil
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 11:10:25 AM »

Hi smokey,
I can't really remember when I had mine done ::) (just about to have my 3rd one in).
Maybe the reason for doing when you have your period is to make sure you're not pregnant.
My periods stopped  about 9 months of having 1st mirena so I had no bleed at all when I had the 2nd one in.
Perhaps sometime will come along who can remember ::)

Tinkerbell

Re: Mirena coil
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 01:52:05 PM »

Fitting is suggested during your period as it is meant to be easier as cervix is slightly open.
I had my first one inserted four weeks ago, I am one year post meno so was obviously not done during a period. Even though my cervix kept hiding and doctor had to use cervical dilators it was nowhere near as bad as I expected😀
Mine was fitted as the progesterone part of HRT, I use an Estradot patch for the oestrogen.