Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Buying HRT over the counter and without a prescription in Spain  (Read 93710 times)

Annie0710

It'll be interesting to have a look when I get there

I'm on 2.5 pumps and a blob of Tostran, I feel a bit better than I did, still have social anxiety and mild low mood but there's a definite improvement

Annie0710

Really good to know, thanks Shortie !

Mary G

Annie, long may your success continue.  Because you have had a hysterectomy, you can easily increase to 3 or even 4 pumps of gel without having to worry about the dreaded progesterone and having a heavy period at the end of it. 

Shortie, yes, it is just over €4.00 per 80 gram tube.

Annie0710

I'm slowly increasing Mary, my problem is for the last 5 years each time I've increased oestrogen dose I get racing heart worse and the jittery feeling which I hate

Katia

Thanks ladies. The inline price is high as. Out of it is for the private prescription. I think the gel is only about £5. I'm going to try it and get the proper branded one as I don't think the one I'm getting from the GP is doing anything.  I'm going to compare to the same dose of estrogen from Qlaira and see. I. Just on my few days off Utrogestan and my libido has taken a nose dive. So maybe the gel is t being absorbed at all

Mary G

I bought a tube of Oestrogel in a pharmacy in Spain the other day and it only cost €3.45.  I asked if it had been reduced but the pharmacist didn't know.  It would be interesting to know if others are paying the same or perhaps it was a mistake?

Annie0710

Probably a silly question Mary but do you ask in Spanish ? And are there many questions or do they literally hand over the oestrogel and testosterone gel?

Mary G

Annie, that's not a silly question at all.  I sometimes ask in Spanish if they don't speak English but they usually do and their English is usually better than my Spanish! 

Nobody has ever asked me any questions when buying Oestrogel (Oestraclin) in Spain and you don't have to justify yourself in any way, they just hand it over.  Most EU member states have a far more flexible system than the UK when it comes to obtaining medication.  You can buy UK HRT products OTC in Gibraltar without any problems too - except in Morrisons pharmacy, they go strictly by the book.

I have never been able to buy testosterone gel over the counter and without a prescription in Spain, I was told it is a controlled substance but I think someone else on here might have managed it once. 

Annie0710

Thanks Mary, really helpful

We go to Spain each year and from now on instead of gift buying I'll be stocking up !!! X

Yammy1

Hi maryG I just started divigel in sachet form, this is the one they use I. Ireland. Just wondering if I his is the same as the one in Spain as I'm currently paying €20 a box

Mary G

Yammy, it sounds like the gel you are using in Ireland is similar to Sandrena which also comes in sachets - do you use it everyday?  The question is, how long does a box last?  It would be worth buying some gel while you are in Spain and trying it out - 1 tube lasts between 2 and 4 weeks depending on dosage.  If you like it you can then bulk buy and I would imagine that overall, it will work out cheaper than the Irish brand. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:30:16 PM by Mary G »

Annie0710

How many do you think we could buy Mary ? I'm having visions of spending my 10 day honeymoon in September visiting every single pharmacia I see getting 2 cans of oestrogel from each lol

Mary G

Annie, you can buy as much gel as you like within reason!  The best thing to do is to find a local pharmacy and place an order as soon as you arrive.  They should manage to get it in for the next day or perhaps a couple of days later. 

Yammy1

Hi Mary G, there are 28 sachets in the box, take one a day so should last four weeks.

Annie0710

Annie, you can buy as much gel as you like within reason!  The best thing to do is to find a local pharmacy and place an order as soon as you arrive.  They should manage to get it in for the next day or perhaps a couple of days later.

Brilliant, thank you so much for your advice x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11