Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hormones.  (Read 2458 times)

zipster

Hormones.
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:24:28 AM »

Hi i am 46 (47 next month). My periods have been a bit erratic the last 10 months, late and then light, period for 2 weeks then the next one a day etc. I have gained weight but thought it was since having my gallbladder out last May. I also have had moments of being irrational and emotional but i have m.e/cfs too so ahve symptoms with that. I have been getting little twinges in my left ovary area. Dr did my bloods and my FSH and LH was raised which suggests perimenopause but because i said about the twinges he referred me for an ultrasound. My anxiety is sky high with worry that something else nasty is going on. My scan is on Saturday.
Anyone else have something similar?

ancient runner

Re: Hormones.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:30:23 AM »

Yes - had a lot of left-sided pain and one ultrasound, one endoscopy later nothing found (except a blob on my liver, found by accident which 2 MRIs later turned out to be a birthmark. The anxiety is part of peri and so are weird symptoms. Easier said than done but please try not to worry - just put it out of your mind every time it pops up again if possible.
Welcome to the forum!

zipster

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 10:38:36 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I shouldn't google that's my problem.

Halfpint

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 11:00:44 AM »

I wouldn't worry. They are probably checking for a cyst but I get loads of twinges in my ovaries and I'm also in peri menopause.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:19:29 AM »

Hello zipster and welcome to the forum.

I had something similar at the beginning of the menopause. The scan was quick and painless and found ovaries okay and a small fibroid. Since then no other problems and the fibroid has disappeared!

I'm sure all will be fine and I agree with ancient runner that weird symptoms and anxiety are all part of the process unfortunately!

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »

:welcomemm:

STOP using Dr Google - he don't know ouwt ………  ;)

Let us know how you get on.  Is someone going with you?

zipster

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 06:48:23 PM »

It's the twinges that are worrying me and when i mentioned it to the gp he said i will send you for an ultrasound  :o