Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Sage and fennel for night sweats!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5588 times)

shena8

Sage and fennel for night sweats!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 25, 2011, 08:06:23 PM »

Having taken it in capsule form for about three weeks, I am starting to feel the benefit of Sage for night sweats. I hope it's not coincidental. Also, when I was in the health shop asking about and for it, a lady said four drops of Fennel oil in an otherwise plain bath helps a lot. I'm doing both and there is definite progress, though not consistent as yet. What a difference it makes being able to sleep through!x

Bette

Re: Sage and fennel for night sweats!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:12:56 PM »

That's good news, Shena, hope that it continues to work for you.  :foryou:
This is from the Green Menu:-
SAGE This herb can be taken as a tea or as an extract to help with hot flushes. There are studies ongoing into its effectiveness but does seem to have a regulating effect on hormones. Caution with HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE and if taking TAMOXIFEN
Not heard about Fennel oil before.
Bette x

Jestina

Salvia officinalis (sage) and high blood pressure
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 01:33:30 PM »

I'm 47 and suffering from bad flushes, terrible at night.   I found welcome relief in sage tablets. It's only been 2 months.  Not only have the flushes completely gone but I have bounds of energy.  I am however cautious as some people have said it can cause your blood pressure to elevate but having searched the Internet,  most reports suggest that it's Spanish sage that causes this and in actual fact English sage can cause it to decrease.   I'm not on bp medication but I am high risk due to genetics and have found that a lot of foods and herbs can send it soaring.  I desperately do not want to stop but may have to if it causes problems. I say this because my BP has been high recently but still working out whether this is due to dehydration  (I hate water) or sage.  What are other people's experience please?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:36:43 PM by Jestina »

Keepgoing

Re: Sage and fennel for night sweats!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »

My friend takes sage tabs as night sweats were her only symptom she swears by them xx