Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan with cold meds  (Read 3762 times)

Lizab

Utrogestan with cold meds
« on: May 01, 2016, 09:05:07 PM »

I have a touch of cold or flu or allergies. I do not know which as it only brag yesterday and seems worse today. I do not like taking medicines at all, and usually will only take them at night to get some rest. Now I'm midway through my course of Utrogestan and I am nervous that I'll need medicine. The Utro already makes me drowsy. I am afraid of adding in a cold med. This is my first time being sick since starting hrt, no doubt because I am finally getting out of the house more. Any advice on what you have successfully taken together with the Utro without any problems?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan with cold meds
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 10:00:26 PM »

Why does the Utrogestan make you drowsy  :-\  ???

Maybe speak with the Duty Doctor at your Surgery or go into a Chemist to see a Pharmacist?

Keepgoing

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:50:44 PM »

Yes I would pop into chemist and ask them...hope you feel better soon xx

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 02:14:28 AM »

Mine is Prometrium, the American version, and it says on the bottle that it causes drowsiness, so I'm not concerned about it making me drowsy. But I don't want to intensify that effect with cold medicines. I am better for the moment. If I have a restless night I will call he pharmacy tomorrow.

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 07:05:06 AM »

Hi,

there are cold meds that you can take which are non drowsy. The chemist will be able to put your mind at rest.

Pepperminty

Trufflecat

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 07:07:57 AM »

Utero makes me drowsy too, so I take it at night. Could you do that and then you would be OK with your cold meds in the day?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 02:20:33 PM »

What did you decide  :-\

Lizab

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 06:06:33 PM »

So far haven't done anything. I hate the way cold and allergy meds make me feel, nondrowsy and drowsy formulas, so I never take them in the day. I'm ok for now.

Cassie

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 06:09:43 PM »

Try vaginally they dont have such an effect, mine have the opposite effect, busy dreams and light sleep, with a very wired up feeling..... >:(

Lizab

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 07:01:12 PM »

Good idea, Cassie! I didn't even think of that. I am happy taking mine orally, but if I do need to take another med for a day or two, I could take the Utro vaginally.