Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Advice Needed  (Read 14730 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice Needed
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2016, 02:15:49 PM »

Did you speak with a Pharmacist Pompeylou?

PompeyLou

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2016, 07:42:48 PM »

Hi Mary...he said I shouldn't be on Livial because I still had a womb and that I needed a hrt that contained progesterone ! And thank you all for being so helpful... I should have come on here months ago.. would you mind sending some out to me please Mary xx

Mary G

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2016, 08:07:38 PM »

No problem, you will need to PM your address to me. 

Kathleen

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2016, 08:26:18 PM »

Hello PompeyLou.

I've just read this thread and I am appalled and amazed at what has happened to you. Anyone would think you are trying to score heroin rather than just take some hormones. Incidentally I also know of someone who takes this HRT and although I don't know her well I think she has been on it for years.

I truly hope you get the help you need from the medical profession but in the meantime the ladies on the forum are doing a good job of looking after you.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

PompeyLou

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2016, 08:53:11 PM »

Hi CLKD
I've been at work all day so haven't had time but I do have an appointment with the gynecologist on Friday and I'm going to bombbard him with all this Imformation you lovely ladies have given me...
and thank you Kathleen xx

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2016, 09:33:11 PM »

>wave< do let us know! 

Lizab

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2016, 09:48:27 PM »

I googled Livial out of curiosity. The product info from the company clearly explains that you don't need progesterone with it because it acts like estrogen where estrogen is needed and acts like progesterone in the womb where progesterone is needed. I think you should print off the info from the manufacturer and take to your gyne and tell him that there's been a misunderstanding and you can and will stay on Livial.

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2016, 09:49:20 PM »

Is there a Practice Nurse to approach first? or GPs in the Practice that have an interest in Womens' Health?

Mommarv

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2016, 11:16:00 PM »

Hi pompeylou. I still have a womb and my gp prescribed me livial three weeks ago. She recommended it as having the least side effects and risks! Horrifying to read what you have gone through and I'm so sorry! I hope you get someone to listen and prescribe it for you. Take care Xxx

PompeyLou

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 05:43:05 AM »

Thank you all so much... I will let you know how it goes on Friday   :-\ :-\

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2016, 09:24:38 PM »

Maybe go in to the appt. with something like "I think there's been a mis-understanding and I'm now more confused than ever, could we go through how I felt on Livial and can you remind me why I can no longer be prescribed this helpful medication" ……. which allows for a back-down rather than putting the GP on the defensive.  Any opposition and you are now fore-armed ;-).

PompeyLou

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2016, 09:49:49 PM »

Hi... well been to see the gynecologist this afternoon and said that I want to be put back on Livial.... he said OK!!! He didn't question it or try to say it wasn't a good idea just OK.... why have I been suffering for 6/7 months if he now thinks it's not a problem me being on it! Men! !

Lizab

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2016, 10:52:19 PM »

Great news!

Hurdity

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2016, 12:16:44 PM »

Hi PompeyLou

Haven't read all of this thread in detail - but really pleased you have got back the HRT that suited you.

However it is quite correct that one of the long term risks of using Livial is endometrial thickening - this is listed in the product info and in the product monograph ( a document dealing with all the research before the product goes onto the market) - so for peace of mind I would ask for an annual scan (on NHS) because this is listed as a common sdie effect http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/8552 and can lead to endometrial cancer it not checked regularly.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2016, 03:58:50 PM »

That's good news!  Maybe he read the NICE Guidelines ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]