Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Article mentioning Professor Studd!  (Read 2684 times)

Halfpint

Article mentioning Professor Studd!
« on: May 02, 2016, 01:57:53 PM »

An article that may be of interest. She certainly looks good! Professor Studd is mentioned...'While I tell him about my medical history, he pads over to a chaise longue with his shoes off, peering at me from over his glasses'!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3568584/Who-knew-HRT-saucy-dreams-CHRISTA-D-SOUZA-feared-taking-hormones-bring-breast-cancer-bizarre-symptom-sent-doctor.html

Mary G

Re: Article mentioning Professor Studd!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »

Thanks for that link, it was an interesting article but it's frightening how much crap some doctors spout and the one in Switzerland sounds really hopeless.  For any doctor of that supposed calibre not to understand anything about the menopause is like a referee not understanding the offside rule.

Professor Studd comes out tops yet again and it just goes to show that you don't necessarily need to rule out HRT if you have had breast cancer. 

I wish her luck with her new regime. 

Halfpint

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 05:16:30 PM »

Yes it is to promote her book (Daily Mail always has articles that are promoting books).  If you thought that article was funny, read the previous one she wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3566654/Menopause-drive-middle-aged-women-arms-toyboy.html

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 08:28:43 PM »

Stellajane, I wish GP'S were and they should be! But the reality is that quite a lot of us have a real fight on our hands getting what we need from GP's, even ladies like myself who are in relatively early surgical menopause at 47. GP's too often don't know enough about menopause and HRT, and quite a few don't seem to care how it impacts on a woman's quality of life. :(