Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Two questions.  (Read 2380 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Two questions.
« on: April 28, 2016, 04:01:22 PM »

If it's true that I have been pumping myself with unnecessary levels of oestrogen, could all the extra oestrogen somehow inhibit the effectiveness of my Trazadone?

Because after over 5 weeks on it, I have yet to notice any improvement in my anxiety or mood.

And second question is, if I decide to, can I just stop using my oestrogel, cold turkey? Bearing in mind I have never suffered with sweats or hot flushes or vaginal dryness, so wouldn't have to worry about them starting up again.

Thank you xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: Two questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 04:05:02 PM »

Don't know the answer to your first question but you can certainly stop the OEstrogel when you like.  Ideally you should make sure you have had a good bleed before stopping the progesterone.
I saw your other thread and I do suggest that a break from all HRT may a good option for you right now. Sometimes it is good to stop HRt for at least 4 weeks to really see how we feel before starting again  - an then only if really necessary.  Dg x

walking the dog

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:20:07 PM »

I cant answer either questions but I'm starting trazodone 50 mg on Tuesday (have to stop dulixetine first ) it will be interesting to see how we both get on with it .
I did wonder as I had no success with oral hrt but with patches fab results re flushes etc well if I wasn't absorbing hrt orally could I also nor absorb anti depressants oraly and could that be why I have had no luck with four types so far ?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »

Thanks DG. My own period started yesterday, so will count that as a decent bleed, even though I haven't had any progesterone.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 05:00:57 PM »

Hi GRL

Not sure but if too little oestrogen can cause depression then it would make sense that too much could also. I would imagine hormones and neurotransmitters are all about balance.

Yes you can just stop HRT, I think it's advisable to do it slowly once on a medium dose but in your case, I think you need to start eliminating reasons for your anxiety and depression not lifting.

WTD - how's it going with the Duloxetine withdrawal? Are you still taking alternate days?

walking the dog

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 05:24:29 PM »

Hi ms71mum yes still on 20 mg every other day its a struggle have had a range of withdrawal symptoms nausea headahes dizzy weepy pains in legs etc, I will take my last one on Sunday and start the trazodone on Tuesday bedtime I'm hoping its more successful. Than the duloxeine thank you for asking xx

Mary G

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 05:59:53 PM »

GRL, it's really difficult to know how to advise you.  Have you contacted Prof Studd's office and told them how bad you have been feeling?

Now that you are having a period, you could just stop everything for a couple of months to gauge how you feel without any hormones.  What have you got to lose? 

Sorry to ask more questions but can you pinpoint any time in your life when you are felt really good for a long period of time i.e. before you started your periods, when pregnant, in your twenties, thirties?  I know you had PMS and PND but can you narrow it down any more than that?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 06:03:47 PM »

Read some reviews on Trazadone and it seems a wonder drug for anxiety and depression.

Good luck to you both on it.

WTD - hope your withdrawal goes well