Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: hrt after hysterectomy  (Read 2720 times)

daisie

hrt after hysterectomy
« on: April 26, 2016, 09:41:43 AM »

was a bit confused ..ithought after hysterectomy you only need estrogen but was told you need both homones after hysterectomy to balance them out .can any of you put me straight x daisie

Ju Ju

Re: hrt after hysterectomy
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 10:11:15 AM »

If your cervix was left, then you might still need progesterone. If not, I was told, then I no longer need progesterone. Balance? Well I don't care, as everything was well out of kilter anyway. Is there any balance after menopause? Progesterone made me feel awful, while oestrogen gives me quality of life. My gynaecologist told me that progesterone was the part of HRT that is associated with the slight rise in breast cancer risk.

daisie

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 10:52:56 AM »

hi  ju ju i had everything took away ovaries the lot thats why i thought you only need estrogen  iv been backing off taking estrogen ..my gynaecologist told me that if i took estrogen there could be a slight chance it could make the cancer come back i had grade 1 cancer cells of the uterus couldnt understand him realy i wasnt taking any homones but i still finished up getting it i put it down to not taking homones why it happened as we know taking progesterone protects the womb .just dont know what to believe x

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 12:59:05 PM »

I hope you gets some answers from some more knowledgeable answers. What is your main concern? Whether you can take HRT at all if your cancer was oestrogen sensitive? If so and you don't get any knowledgeable answers to your post, repost with the what is really troubling you. How are you now?

daisie

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 01:38:28 PM »

hi ju ju ,,iv healed now from the op its been 6 months my main symptom is the anxiety and depression does seem to have got worse these past few months im still taking the amitriptyline what im hooked on now but they only help with sleep for me was put on doluxatine i few weeks ago on them for 2 weeks made me feel worse so i stopped them thats why im wondering if i do need some estrogen xdaisie

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 02:15:45 PM »

daisie, you definitely don't need to ruin any HRT regime with progesterone if you have had a full hysterectomy of the type you describe.

I think you would do very well on just 1 pump of Oestrogel everyday and it would give you just the lift you need right now.  Why not give it a try?

daisie

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 02:26:56 PM »

hi mary g thanks for reply ..i realy need to go and get some i know by the way im feeling at the moment i need a boost to get me going just rang doctors no appointments left today have to try again tomorrow thanks for your positive comment it made my mind up to go and get some x daisie

Mary G

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 02:51:29 PM »

Good, glad to be of help daisie.  I hope you can get the appointment for tomorrow and would suggest you push for the gel.  I think it is the most effective form of oestrogen and it is flexible because you can adjust the dose if you need to.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

daisie

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:23 PM »

hi maryg thanks yes ill let you know x daisie