Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Removing HRT patch adhesive?!  (Read 25529 times)

Moomaid

Removing HRT patch adhesive?!
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:40:51 PM »

Hi all,

Anybody have any good suggestions for removing the adhesive left behind from your HRT patches?

I've got sticky grey marks all over my hips!!  Rubbing with a pumice stone is my most effective solution so far but it hurts!!

Anybody else have any experience of this and useful suggestions for how to remove the adhesive without rubbing myself raw?!?!?!

Thanks,

Helen

crazydaisy

Re: Removing HRT patch adhesive?!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 08:55:06 PM »

I soak a ball of cotton wool in baby oil and give the sticky marks a rub with it...comes off fairly easily.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 09:45:39 PM »

I gave up bothering about it. Area is always under cover.

jgr

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 10:19:06 PM »

Yes baby oil on cotton wool definitely works.

Lizab

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 01:57:08 AM »

Someone recently commented that she rubs petroleum jelly over the patch before removing it and it doesn't leave the edge marks. I intended to try that but haven't bothered yet.

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 06:47:47 AM »

Body oil before a shower, then rub the adhesive off when you have towelled dry. No problem.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 04:39:10 PM »

For years I didn't bother because the marks were on my butt cheeks and so what like cubagirl says?! I never rubbed the marks due to sensitive skin and nothing was going to tear me away from my patch as I didn't want to set up a reaction or rash! However recently the marks have been hanging around for a bit longer so I was running out of unmarked places to stick - so followed the advice you've already been given re baby oil and it works a treat! I just wipe a bit of oil on there. Wait a few seconds and gently wipe it off and the marks come straight off. However I do leave the marks there for 12 hours or so now, because if you feel where you've taken the old patch off it's still sticky so I imagine some of the hormones  are still there diffusing into the skin :)

Hurdity x

Moomaid

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 08:35:39 AM »

Thanks all, that's really helpful, will give it a go!

Dana

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 12:19:32 AM »

I never bother about the marks that are left. I always alternate bum cheeks and by the time I go back to the same cheek the old mark is usually gone anyway. Just using a shower puff and gel in the shower is all I ever use and that seems to do the trick. I don't even concentrate on removing the mark. It's just gone by itself.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:22:20 AM by Dana »