Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Evorel Conti bleeding  (Read 25943 times)

Taz2

Re: Evorel Conti bleeding
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2016, 10:51:28 PM »

The usual Citalopram dose for anxiety is 10mg for the first two weeks then increased to 20mg. My son has been on this a few times and it works well but you do need to increase to 20mg to get the full effect.

Taz x

Mojo61

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 07:14:14 AM »

Hurdity - I am 55 now and had my last period at 51. I didn't suffer any menopausal symptoms apart from being a bit more impatient and sometimes I would get hot at night, but nothing that I couldn't deal with by opening the window. To be honest I didn't really give the menopause much thought until last November when I woke up one morning feeling anxious, and it got worse from there. So therefore I'm not even convinced that my anxiety has anything to do with the menopause and it was my doctor who suggested it might be having some effect on me, especially with regards to the awful insomnia I started suffering from. That does seem to have improved on the HRT but because I started the HRT and the citalopram within weeks of each other I have no idea which one of them is helping.

Taz - Yes, I've been told the same thing. I'm scared to increase the dose because the start up effects were not pleasant, but I know that I need to do something if I want to feel better.

Mojo61

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2016, 07:52:29 AM »

Me again. Well I didn't start the new patches because the bleeding stopped the day after I was prescribed them. Saw the doctor again yesterday and she said to continue with the Conti but if the bleeding started again then swap to the Sequi. Well last night it started again, bleeding, period pains, feeling sick - I'm completely fed up with this now and considering just stopping HRT completely as I don't like the way it is messing about with my body.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2016, 05:34:02 PM »

Mojo61 - with any conti HRT erratic spotting and bleeding are quite normal for the first 3-6 months and sometimes this never settles - this is why many of us prefer to stick with a sequi regime so we can have a predictable bleed.  DG x

Mojo61

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2016, 08:36:19 PM »

Mojo61 - with any conti HRT erratic spotting and bleeding are quite normal for the first 3-6 months and sometimes this never settles - this is why many of us prefer to stick with a sequi regime so we can have a predictable bleed.  DG x

Thank you. I want to stick it out because I really don't want to change regimes and go through it all again, and I'm sure the HRT is helping with sleep and I know it has stopped the sweating, but I worry what it is doing to my insides.
Pages: 1 2 [3]