Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Medical Mysteries - CVS  (Read 2509 times)

dangermouse

Medical Mysteries - CVS
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:26:13 PM »

Did anyone else see the Medical Mysteries programme tonight featuring the woman with Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome? Surely that's hormonal?

It started when she was 13 and put down to hormones then but when it came back a few years later hormones were never mentioned again. She even said she ends up in A&E 'once a month' which is always a clue. An expert gastroenterologist came up with migraines as the cause in the end which she didn't look convinced about.

Ju Ju

Re: Medical Mysteries - CVS
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 07:00:43 AM »

I didn't see the programme, but I had migraines once a month............hormonal?

dangermouse

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 09:11:12 PM »

Back to the TV... Just saw a struggling perimenopausal woman on GPs Behind Closed Doors with severe symptoms,  told about her fluctuating oestrogen and that she could have symptoms for 10 years. Was waiting to see what she was offered... Nothing! No offer of HRT at all as her blood results were 'normal'.

Hope she finds this forum as she looked in need.

Halfpint

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 09:40:05 PM »

I saw that Dangermouse. I do notice people on here say their GP told them about this site, so I wonder if that practice do?

I also notice a lot of patients on that programme have anxiety.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 09:46:09 PM »

There was also the older lady having frequent UTI's, I was waiting to see if topical oestrogen was suggested....no!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 06:51:34 PM »

If this is the same programme you were watching, then all of you write to the Producer, the Production Company and the Channel that aired the programme!  Make your points and tell them about MM!

As for the vomiting, my friend had problems during meno., she would suddenly feel sick and that was it even when driving  :o no time to pull over or anything!