Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbie on Evorel Conti  (Read 4326 times)

kew

Newbie on Evorel Conti
« on: February 24, 2016, 08:03:36 AM »

Hi, I just want to say thank you, thank you for this forum, have been looking at it over the past week or so and there is so much helpful information.  I was a bit worried about starting HRT, but I'm glad I did now. 

A bit about me, am 48, guessing post menopause as last period was about 2 years ago.  Basically had been weathering the symptoms and have to say had been ok, I thought.  However two months back everything seemed to arrive full on, waking 3-4 times a night with night sweats, hot flushes throughout the day and generally feeling like my life was over as the fatigue left me not wanting to leave the house.  If I didn't have dogs I don't think I would have left the house other than for work.

Prior to that I had a random mini bleed which the Dr said needed to be checked out.  An ultrasound showed a number of fibroids.  However I also have had two 2 inconclusive smear tests and am waiting on colposcopy appointment (21 weeks wait in my area!).

Saw the Dr about the fatigue and sweats and I suggested that perhaps I should try HRT.  Whilst she wasn't a fan of HRT, I expected to be told no as am a little overweight, but otherwise fit and also the find of fibroids, one which is about 53mm, thought would exclude me.  Blood pressure normal.

But here I am on my 2nd week on Evorel Conti patches, and I have to say I have never felt better, and really wish that I'd done this sooner (so angry that I spent two years or so feeling rubbish).  I never knew that I had so many aches and pains which I was just living with - in the first week they've disappeared and my energy levels have returned, plus my emotional state seems to have become a little more balanced, not crying so much etc.  Have expected a few side effects, but nothing too upsetting.

I've a 3 month trial and then it's back to the Dr for a check up.  Just keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps going this well.  :) :)

Hurdity

Re: Newbie on Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 02:53:32 PM »

Hi kew

:welcomemm:

So glad you are finding the forum helpful - we like it here too! Also pleased that you are feeling better and fingers crossed for you as well :)

Hurdity x

vickypk

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 06:08:31 PM »

Hi Kew
Glad you are doing well on Evorel Conti.  I've been using it for 6 months.  Wishing you well.
Best wishes

Vickypk

kew

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 07:23:33 AM »

Thanks Hurdity and Vickypk,

Vicky have you had any side effects?  and did they settle down?

The main side effect that I've had is a terrible feeling each time like someone is standing on my chest, and each time on the same day (know it is early days), and suspect it is when I'm at full dose of the medication (weds), then fine for the other days, feels a little like I can't breath.

The first week I slept which was wonderful, but during the day I was having twice as many hot sweats.  I actually started to write them down as sometimes it was 2-3 in an hour.  However this week is better other than for the anxious feeling on the weds, its been good and I'm loving how much energy I've got.  :)

vickypk

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 03:12:00 PM »

Hi Kew
I did have a few side effects in the first couple of months of using the patch.  I even took the patch off a couple of times.  I had headaches and nausea.  That has all settled.  Before I started using the patch I had very bad VA, anxiety, flushes and insomnia. 
That has all improved greatly.  The only thing I still get blips with is the anxiety.  I  tried using a different HRT regime a couple of years ago, estrogel and utrogestan, but I couldn't get on with that.  I only used that for 3months.
On the whole I am a lot better.  I have two friends that use Evorel conti  and they both say they never want to stop using it, they feel great.
Hope you are feeling okay.  Let me know how you are.
Best wishes
Vickypk

kew

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 07:25:01 PM »

I have to say that I'm the same, I feel great.  I thought I was coping before but I think I was just existing for two years.  Other than the odd couple of days feeling anxious nothing else. Just the end of my 2nd week so early days, and feeling the most optimistic I've felt in ages :) :) :)

vickypk

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 08:01:18 PM »

So pleased to hear that Kew.

Vickypk xx

clare663

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 03:29:26 PM »

Hi  I am so glad I found this post!!! I have been put on evorel conti patches a week ago. tried the first patch last Tuesday, felt so sick on Wed night I ripped it off! Put a third of a patch on on Thursday and dont feel as sick but night sweats and a little anxious, put another third on on Friday and another this Tuesday. Think I may go up to half patch in the morning when due to change again. Still feel a little low but not as bad as I did before I started using these. Im so glad this patch is getting good reviews as I tried a combined tablet 3 years ago and was amess for 6 months!! Would love to hear your updates on this patch.

vickypk

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 07:29:21 PM »

Hi clare663
Good to read your post.  I'm using the Evorel conti patches.  I had a few side effects in the first month or two of using the patches.  I also took the patch off as the sickness, headaches and stomach cramps were quite bad.  I cut the patches in half and then everything settled down and I was able to continue with them.  I had very bad anxiety before using HRT and sleeping was a problem with the sweats, also very bad VA.  The anxiety was so bad I couldn't leave the house for a few months, thought I was the only one going through this at the time, but have read so many similar stories on this site. 
Hope all goes well for you.
Vicky x

kew

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 08:31:01 PM »

i tried the first patch in the evening at a weekend to help deal with any side effects, so that hopefully I would sleep through anything unpleasant .  First patch gave me a racing heart, adrenalin rush but these seemed to have settled now and  I don't notice it now

Have been on the patches for just over 3 months now. Initially symptoms intensified, now rarely have any flushes during the day, but still have the odd nighttime sweat usually in the early hours. Blood pressure has remained stable so that's good.

Only thing I'm having a problem with is low mood and a return of the weepies. Not quite sure if it's a side effect or just that life is a bit stressy at the moment (made redundant after 17 years and now struggling in a new job).

That aside I'm still content to stay with it as on the whole I feel better with it.

clare663

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 08:26:09 AM »

Hi kew
Yes my mood is fluctuating!  Felt fantastic on Sunday and today I feel like the entire world is against me and very alone!  Such a horrible feeling and can't see the good in anything.  Went up to half a patch this morning so hoping things will sort themselves out and I have a happier weekend!  Good to know I'm not going mad and others are going through the same thing but I never seem to see people my age looking as miserable as I feel!  Maybe I should learn to hide it more!