Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Severe arm ache:(  (Read 4019 times)

snakebite495

Severe arm ache:(
« on: April 14, 2016, 05:33:02 PM »

Hello, Started my period today after 7 week of not having one.. I have to say i feel dreadful:( but not if sure if it related but i have the most severe arm ache i have ever experienced in my life.. i have taken pain killers, applied intense heat, intense cold pack, muscle gel, bath.. you name it and no let up at all.. anyone experience this?? may well be just something else to add to list of me dropping to bits. Chemist said it will ease but 12hours constant pain exhausting me:( any suggestions?? ty

Trufflecat

Re: Severe arm ache:(
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 06:07:56 PM »

Which arm?
I know that's an odd question but (and I am not trying to scare you here) in women it can be a sign of a heart attack, especially is accompanied by feeling very unwell.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 06:10:39 PM by Trufflecat »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 06:42:52 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop muscles become lax …….

Do have a chat with a GP/Nurse/Pharmacist for advice if the pain is there in the morning, put the point that pain relief hasn't eased the symptoms.

snakebite495

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 08:11:51 PM »

Thanks for replies, the pain is/ was in left arm. Its eased off somewhat now:) just a dull ache but it was awful:( x

evey

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 10:54:19 PM »

Hi there
Hope your arm is feeling a lot better now.
Had you been over using at all?   Could it have been inflamed tendon or repetitive strain injury?
C

snakebite495

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 01:38:19 PM »

Hi i had not been using it  any different to normal so not sure why it happened but it was horrible.. Its easier today more of a dull ache praise the lord! Thanks for the replies:)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 04:28:26 PM »

Frozen shoulder can become a problem with hormonal upheaval!  Or maybe you laid on the arm heavily and the ache developed during the day?

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 06:19:20 PM »

Hello snakebite495.

I am post meno and have never had much in the way of aches and pains ( no idea why ). However a few months ago I developed a very sore left arm, the pain felt muscular and the shoulder hurt  when I raised it. I hadn't done anything to cause this and I didn't need pain relief thankfully. I mention it now because I realise that it has resolved on it's own and can only assume it was a hormonal blip!  A friend of mine developed a frozen shoulder during her menopause but with physio that resolved as well.
I think these hormonal changes get us in many and varied ways and are all part of the package that mother nature dumps on us!

Hope you feel better soon and take care.

K.