Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Increasing AD's and cancelling operation.  (Read 2318 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Increasing AD's and cancelling operation.
« on: April 17, 2016, 05:37:44 PM »

Hello Ladies

I've decided to up my AD dose...I've tried so far on 20mg Duloxetine for 6 months.  But the thought of an operation next week, has just brought on feelings of panic, worry and fear.  Therefore, I've decided to cancel the op as it's too much for me in my current state.  The operation was a resection of fibroid, ablation and a hysteroscopy.

Going to see my GP tomorrow to increase to 30 mg and wait for me to settle before rearranging.

I've also had my oestrogen and progesterone checked this week and get the results soon.  As HRT will take a good 3 months to work anyway, this increase should tide me over.

Wish me luck 🍀

Kathleen

Re: Increasing AD's and cancelling operation.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 05:56:35 PM »

Hello Mis71Mum.

I think you are doing the right thing by postponing your operation until you feel better. Another few months and you should be feeling more settled and better able to cope.

I hope your GPs visit goes well, keep us updated and take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 08:16:41 PM »

I had to do the same.  My Surgeon wanted me in for removal of a breast lump, but I wasn't mentally capable of coping with what the result might have been.

Little steps.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »

Hi

Yes I think I'm doing the right thing too.  I don't think coming off the HRT before the operation has helped, in fact, I've had the worst two weeks in a while.  This morning, the hot flushes are back with a vengeance.

CKLD - what did you do in the end? Did you go for the op at a later date?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 11:33:38 AM »

Yep.  I found a breast lump in the November and was scheduled for the Jan., but was so depressed that I knew if the diagnosis was dire (it wasn't) that I wouldn't survive.  So my GP monitored anti-depressant medication and by the June I was ready.  That way I dealt with the diagnosis, bone scan, radiation treatment, my biggest worry then was that anxiety would stop me going to the daily appt.; it didn't  ::)