Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Mirena feeling sick  (Read 4988 times)

Chi chi

Mirena feeling sick
« on: April 12, 2016, 09:31:31 PM »

I'm probably panicking but I've been feeling really sick today with a bit of a grumbly tummy, had to rush to the toilet this afternoon  ???  bleeding Has been heavier today too  :-\
I'm currently on antibiotics for a chest infection (had 2 days worth now) but I'm not starting to feel any better yet  :-\ I didn't feel sick before and am usually ok on AB's
Wondering if I've got an infection from having the Mirena fitted? Is it normal to feel sickly a week after?

Lizab

Re: Mirena feeling sick
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:41:05 PM »

No, that is not normal. If you don't think it's from the antibiotics or chest infection you should definitely contact your doctor.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 09:47:11 PM »

Antibiotics make me feel really sick and give me terrible upset stomach.  If you are not in pain (lower abdominal pain) then I wouldn't worry right now.  If the nausea doesn't settle by Friday then pop to the doctor.  DG

Chi chi

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 09:47:47 PM »

It's difficult to tell as I'm prob feeling crap from the chest infection too, I don't want to cause a fuss but also don't want to miss anything  :-\
I definitely didn't feel sick before I started the AB's, they're only amoxicillin and have taken them loads in the past.
I've just read (don't know how true it is ) that poss infection is slightly higher after a Mirena and biopsy??

dangermouse

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 10:07:21 PM »

Was the nausea worse in the morning, gradually getting better by the evening when adrenaline calms down? That can give you a clue if it's hormone related, as a hit of artificial hormones can cause nausea (even prog as morning after pill commonly does this) but if it's infection it's likely to be 24/7 and you'd have fever and pain.

If you Google, many report nausea with Mirena at first. I also had ABs when didn't know symptoms were all hormonal as surges caused sinusitis dizziness etc. and friends were swearing to me the nausea was from the Amoxy, but like you, I never had probs with them as they speed up transit and I needed that so always felt great on Amoxy!

Don't go by your last experience with Mirena as you're probably in the mid surging phase of peri so you can't compare one month to the next whether taking hormones or not. Maybe up your Estrogel whilst your body gets used to the hit of prog as that might oppose it enough.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 08:42:28 AM »

After taking antibiotics for 10 weeks a couple of years ago, I had 3 different ones, one caused sick feeling and upset stomach but the others didn't.
So could be the antibiotics that are giving the upset stomach.

elsie001

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 08:47:59 AM »

I think by infection, they mean urinary tract infections, which can happen if anything used to insert the coil wasn't 100% clean.

Anti-biotics can make you sick especially if you don't eat beforehand.  My son had to stop taking Amoxicilan last year as he had no appetite so was being violently sick after each dose.

I had 6 months of light daily bleeding, heavy at first, but didn't have nausea.

Chi chi

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 03:19:50 PM »

Sorry for not replying sooner, the sickness started more early afternoon ish, seems to have settled now but wondering if low mood is setting in?? (See other post)
I'm already on 4 pumps of estrogel, not sure about upping it  ???