Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Non continous regime - your comments pls :))  (Read 2294 times)

Sunnydays

Non continous regime - your comments pls :))
« on: May 16, 2016, 05:50:11 PM »

I'm 3 years post meno and have opted not to have conti hrt as constant progesterone doesn't suit me plus the potential increased health risks of taking it continuously.
So Ive made the informed choice to move to sequential despite having to endure bleed! I've tried Provera and Utrogestan and they work but my personal preference is  Evorel as all I have to worry about is a patch to change. For the past 3 months I've used about 2/3 of a patch (I don't need a full 50 mcg of oestrogen) and so far I seem to fall in the 20% who don't get a bleed yipee!
I am however noticing a pattern on two counts:
I feel fine initially with the progesterone and oestrogen part (actually really good) but towards the tail end can feel irritable. It's manageable however about 8/10 days after using the oestrogen only part (ie stopping the combined bit)  I feel just dreadful - it suddenly comes on - irrational, agitated,short tempered, can't smile, can't seem to think clearly. And I look it as well! It passes after a couple of days.  I had this at exactly the same time in the last 4 week cycle. It seems so strange this long after stopping the combined bit. 

The other thing is half way through the combined bit I get kind of uncomfortable tummy and a bit lower back I suppose like period pains. This continues for about 8/10 days after stopping the combined part. Is it the Norethisterone 'eating away' at the lining?

Can anyone relate to this? Does anyone else manage not to get a bleed but gets the same feelings? It's all manageable, although those 2/3 days of feelings above are a bit of a challenge for those around me!
Thank you :))

robotwars

Re: Non continous regime - your comments pls :))
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 06:34:08 PM »

This is exactly how I went on the evorel sequi patches, I was told my body didn't agree with the northisterone in the progesterone phase. you could try a hrt with different progesterone to see how you get on....

Lizab

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 05:00:09 PM »

Interested in the responses here. If I read that correctly I have the same pattern. Roughly speaking, 2 weeks of estrogen only, the second week I feel off, then 2 weeks of added progesterone, the second week I'm short-tempered, but still feel very well on the progesterone days.

Sunnydays

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 09:13:02 PM »

I do rather take a few too many words to say something simple Lizab!
Yes I think we're talking the same pattern - feel off after stopping the progesterone. In my case about a week  from stopping.
Do you also get what seems like period pains as if something is going on? In fact do you get a bleed at all?

Lizab

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 09:28:05 PM »

I do get a bleed. The day before or first day of the bleed I have the lower back pain, which is new as I never had back pains with periods in my life. As for the tummy thing, I have all kinds of new bloating and sensations in my ovary/womb area since beginning hrt. I haven't pinned down a pattern for that yet.
I do a 50 patch and oral Utrogestan. If the pattern continues I'm considering trying a lower dose Utro full time. I am not officially post-menopausal yet though. Post by the blood tests only.