Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Diarrhoea with Vagifem  (Read 3925 times)

Cazikins

Diarrhoea with Vagifem
« on: April 12, 2016, 08:58:09 PM »

Hi All,

Just a quick question - has anyone had bad diarrhoea when using Vagifem.
I had a break of several months (probably about a year ???) from using it, anyway just over 2 weeks ago I went back on it (inserting one every night for 2 weeks then 1 twice a week).
I have for the last week or so had terrible diarrhoea which has sometimes taken me by surprise  :o. I never had this problem with it before.

I do suffer from IBS anyway & diarrhoea is a classic symptom for me I just feel I am going round in circles at the moment.

I am currently taking co-codamol & have also been prescribed Lansoprazole, just not sure which is the culprit in all this.
It is really getting me down as I am scared to go out for any length of time.
Many thanks girls.
Love Cazi (who has a very sore botty at the moment) x

countrybumpkin

Re: Diarrhoea with Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:21:09 PM »

Lansoprazole can cause awful bowel issues. I cannot take any of the ppi drugs because I get horrendous bowel problems/pain amongst other side effects.
I have never heard of vagifem affecting your digestion in any way so would suspect other medication or your ibs.
Horrible to have to put up with x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 08:44:25 AM »

Never had a problem with upset stomach on vagifem and I have IBS.

Jennifer1234

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 08:48:56 AM »

Morning cazikins

I also suffer from IBS although I have mainly got it under control for last 5 years but when I started taking vagifem last year for the first time and I was on the first 2 week load period I did also suffer with diarrhoea  :-\ and stomach aches much like period pains ........ But I did stick with it and luckily for me it did subside .

I do hope you find out what it is and solve the issue ....... I know exactly how you feel as I had that for many years with IBS and it takes your confidence away with regards to going out and about ........ I know how crippling it can be.

If you are interested in how I managed to control my IBS just let me know . :bighug: :bighug:

Cazikins

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 02:24:15 PM »

Thanks everyone for your help & advice, & the big hug.s Jennifer1234.

I did think it was probably the Lanso however I stopped taking it on Sunday & this is still going on.

Last night about 2 hours after dinner, I had do dash to the loo 3 times in about an hour. We had cold cooked chicken, home made mash potato & a few cold baked beans, all very plain I thought. :-\

Today for lunch I had tuna salad, then I had a hot oxo cube drink. I seemed ok after the food but as soon as I had finished the oxo I had to make a dash.

I had a stool test 2 weeks ago & all was clear, they also tested me for coelliac & that was alright.
It's probably stress related as I have a fair bit going on at the moment.

Love Cazi xx