Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: bleeding day 17 elleste duet 1mg and frightened  (Read 4139 times)

Roadrunner

bleeding day 17 elleste duet 1mg and frightened
« on: April 11, 2016, 08:26:17 AM »

Hello ladies me again.

I'm 48, perimenopausal, last period November 2015.

I stated elleste duet 1mg 30/01/16. I've still been getting some hot flushes and night sweats and other old symptoms slipping through,  and thought I needed more oestrogen.

Now I'm confused.

My breakthrough bleed month one was on day 2, month two on day 25, this month day 17 - spotting day 16, so before I've even started the progesterone day of the cycle.

Help!

Is this my body waking up and starting it's own cycle? Not enough oestrogen? I'm a bit scared. Already have a doctor's appointment for today thank goodness but I'm feeling very unsettled.

Any advice appreciated. Or just tell me to calm down!!

RR xx

flossie fiddler

Re: bleeding day 17 elleste duet 1mg and frightened
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:50:48 AM »

I've had similar and been back to my doc today (been on Evorel Squi 2 years. She's putting me on Conti now. She did say that it's quite unusual fro the first therapy you try to be the right one for you so I had been lucky. I'm sick of always being 'on'!

You're doing the right thing by seeing your doc, maybe things do need tweaking. Don't worry x

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 10:02:32 AM »

Thank you xxx

I really hope it all settles and I can carry on with HRT. It's made lots of other symptoms so much better.

:thankyou:

Roadrunner

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 06:36:20 PM »

Follow up just in case anyone else is in the same boat as me ...

GP says not to worry. This might stop or might continue for the next couple of weeks (great) but is most likely due to my own hormones waking up. Next they need to synch up too. I've just had a week off work and relaxed properly for the first time in ages. Think my body's playing catch up.

Going to change to Femoston 1/10 next month and see if I get on better with it. Should add that I feel fine in myself and if the doc says she's not worried then I'll try and remain calm.

RR xx    :)