Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: When to change patch with an 8 hour time difference??  (Read 1473 times)

Goosieloosie

When to change patch with an 8 hour time difference??
« on: April 07, 2016, 07:50:01 PM »

We're going on holiday in a month's time and will be away for 3 weeks (West coast of the US) where the time difference will be 8 hours behind UK time and I'm wondering how I should go about changing my Estradot patch (Oestrogen only) At the moment I change it twice a week on a Wednesday night before bed and then on a Sunday lunchtime to keep the consistency of 3 & half days each but with the 8 hour time difference the Sunday lunchtime will be 4 o'clock in the morning over there and the Wednesday bedtime will be approx 4 o'clock in the afternoon which won't exactly be convenient when on holiday as hopefully we'll be out & about doing things  ;D . I know the patch can begin to wear off as it comes towards the end of the 3rd or 4th day so I'd really like to try & keep some consistency and change every 3 & half days, I just can't seem to get my head around how to do this. Hopefully one of you ladies has experienced this & can help me with any ideas?? I'm not taking any progesterone (Utrogestan) while away, I'm putting that back until I'm home.

Sunnydays

Re: When to change patch with an 8 hour time difference??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 08:20:42 PM »

Hi Goosie. I don't think you have to be too specific with the change. I know it's good to be in a routine at home but my understanding is that the patches don't just suddenly wear out (I stand to be corrected!). I would be inclined if I was you to change the patch a day earlier. I've done this myself before. Eg this week through my own fault I had issues with a patch sticking and changed it every 2 days! On the other hand I have also occasionally changed patches a day later with no problem.
Best thing is to go on  hols and enjoy yourself. Have a couple of surplus patches in case of accidents and be that little bit flexible with the changeover :)) all will be ok x

Joyce

Re: When to change patch with an 8 hour time difference??
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:28:44 PM »

Having been on Caribbean holidays whilst on patches, I just put them on at same time as I would have at home. IE. if 9pm UK time, I'd put on at 9pm local Caribbean time. I found that easier than trying to remember the time difference.

Enjoy your holiday!