Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Beverly callard on this morning  (Read 11398 times)

dangermouse

Re: Beverly callard on this morning
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »

Yes if only I had known my symptoms were peri much sooner it would have save me so much anguish, suffering, money (as I had to stop seeing clients) and frustration!

I saw around 12 doctors over the course of 6 months, mainly women, and a male GP was the only one who said it could be my hormones. They just fobbed me off and told me off for trying to diagnose myself each time I questioned their stomach ulcer theory.

When I went to get my pill prescription this week the female GP said I was quite young for perimenopause symptoms. I'm coming up for 47??! They really have no clue.

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 01:48:57 PM »

Well guess what!!! Had my appt at hrt clinic and didnt see the consultant but her registrar I think it was. Anyway she was brilliant absolutely no problem getting proff studd regime and totally acknowledged that how I feel is akin to pnd and totally hormonal although srhr did say I should try an antidepressant too if I could get one that agrees with me. She did stall when I mentioned using the progesterone vaginally cuz its not licenced for that but even said she will review me in 3 months and give me testosterone if I need it. So its two pumps of oestrogen gel and 200mg progesterone day 15 - 28. I am day 16 now so she said to wait until my next period and start with the oestrogen but if for some reason my period is very late and I cant wait then just start with the oestrogen. I want to start now!!!! Please please let this work

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 02:12:11 PM »

Oh and sooby lets do it! Brilliant idea women r 50% of the population have ow can gps be so clueless!!!! Said it before if it was men suffering....... >:(

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 02:34:00 PM »

Stellajane I actually cried the whole way home!!! Relief thay someone listened. :) I swear I was prepared for a fight but she so got it

Keepgoing

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 03:38:08 PM »

Good luck tinkerbellj I'm on second month of this and it is agreeing with me, still feel bit low on the utro but not nearly as bad as other progs xx

Mary G

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 07:17:57 PM »

Well done Tinkerbellj and good luck with the new regime.  Professor Studd's message must be slowly getting through. 

Sooby

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 02:41:49 PM »

Excellent news Tink! Really pleased for you.

I have been thinking about how to progress this idea of promoting peri and I have a couple of irons in the fire. I plan to do a bit of reasearch first by asking you ladies about peri symptoms etc so that I can put together a simple article for meno matterts as a starter. I think we could use a bit of people power here and if I can come up with something sharp and to the point we can all circulate it through our networks. I really dont want to rail road your thread though Tink so I will start a new one.

So glad that the reg supported you Tink.......though God help her if she hadn't lol. xx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 08:20:33 PM »

I would never have had the info if it hadn't been for this site! ! I saw your other thread and will have a think and will def reply and support whatever u need xxx lets do this!
Pages: 1 [2]