Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Had a funny turn and don't feel too well 😤  (Read 7073 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Had a funny turn and don't feel too well 😤
« on: April 07, 2016, 05:59:23 PM »

Hi Ladies

Been having a few bowel issues over the last few weeks so decided to start drinking actimel every day. 

Started feeling sick and having increased visits to the toilet and felt quite tired.  Also seem to have a permanent red face.

Earlier was enjoying some quality time with the children, when I started to feel dizzy, really sick and shaky then a feeling of irritability.  This all came out of nowhere, it wasn't as if I was thinking about anything.  I sort of describe as when you've been in the sun to long and you feel a bit disorientated. 

I had a lay down and went freezing cold. Then I think I caused myself to have a bit of an anxiety attack because of worrying what's wrong. 

Anyway now I have real dull aches in my lower abdomen and back ache and still feel sick. Can't tell if it's my bowel or female organs but I'm in agony where my caesarean scar is.

Sure it's hormone related but I'm due to take my Utrogestan tonight and now I daren't.

Halfpint

Re: Had a funny turn and don't feel too well 😤
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 06:31:10 PM »

There is a diarrohea bug going around at the moment that makes you feel like you're coming down with the flu. Temp etc and then diarrohea. Seems to last around 3 days. Could it be that?

I can sometimes go freezing cold after an anxiety attack. Think it's the adrenaline.

It does sound like you have or are getting a bug as when I have had a sickness or diarrohea bug, I get lower abdominal pains and  terrible back ache. I hope you feel better soon.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 06:44:01 PM »

Hi Halfpint

I think your right in terms of the cold feeling, with it being the anxiety.

Now I'm beginning to think that the dizziness and funny turn may be down to a drop in my blood sugar.  Probably got a bit of a bug too as have 2 young ones who could have passed some germs onto me.

Think I'll give my Utrogestran a try after all.

Halfpint

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 07:04:54 PM »

My anxiety is worse if I let myself go hungry. I get quite shaky and panicky but once I eat, I feel better.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »

If you have opened your bowels more often then there will be a 'gap' in the digestive system.  It makes me feel really quite weird and ill  :-\ ……. I find that chewing a Dextrose tablet/2 helps.  Sitting quietly after going to the loo helps too.  Once the 'gap' is filled the feeling eases, it used to throw me into a complete panic - fear, shaking, queasiness - but now that I recognise what it is, as long as I am at home it doesn't bother me as much.  If I'm on holiday though  :-\

Carry on with the HRT as prescribed !!!!!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 08:44:12 PM »

Hi CKLD
I do feel as though my digestion issues have really affected me this week.  It seems like 2 weeks ago, I couldn't seem to go at all and now I'm the opposite. I suspect it's all down to hormones.

Anyway just took my Utrogestran orally, so wish me luck!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 09:58:36 PM »

:bighug:

I find that 'actimel' helps my slow transit.  Up to 3 bottles a day. 

Also, if I feel 'slow' I miss a night of BBs and ADs - that helps ;-)

Briony

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 05:22:35 PM »

Just wanted to send some sympathy as you have described, in precise detail, how hormonal issues affect my body too.  The sudden coldness/nausea/fatigue is really frightening and so unpredictable. At first I was worried I was very ill, but since being told it's quite common in peri menopause, I now try to just 'go with it' if I can. (Had lots of tests, but all came back normal).Taking hormones (the pill in my case) has reduced them massively, but I still get the odd blip. I've yet to have a hot flush, but get many, many cold ones!

http://menopause-aid.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/cold-flashes-chills-during-menopause.html

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 08:09:59 PM »

Thanks Briony.

I think it's the way that these feelings come out of nowhere!

It's not been helped by taking the Utrogestan without Oestrogel, that really has upset my hormones.

Clovie

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »

Hi Ladies

Been having a few bowel issues over the last few weeks so decided to start drinking actimel every day. 

Started feeling sick and having increased visits to the toilet and felt quite tired.  Also seem to have a permanent red face.

Earlier was enjoying some quality time with the children, when I started to feel dizzy, really sick and shaky then a feeling of irritability.  This all came out of nowhere, it wasn't as if I was thinking about anything.  I sort of describe as when you've been in the sun to long and you feel a bit disorientated. 

I had a lay down and went freezing cold. Then I think I caused myself to have a bit of an anxiety attack because of worrying what's wrong. 

Anyway now I have real dull aches in my lower abdomen and back ache and still feel sick. Can't tell if it's my bowel or female organs but I'm in agony where my caesarean scar is.

Sure it's hormone related but I'm due to take my Utrogestan tonight and now I daren't.

Re your experience, you have just described to a T the panic attacks I used to get. All except mine would often be immediately preceded by my heart feeling like it was missing a beat (an ectopic beat in actual fact)
These panic attacks sometimes came out of the blue, for no apparent reason, and I always felt cold after, with my teeth audibly chattering.
I also got some with those symptoms after I'd been bending down or crouching down then stood up. (I think that is a vagovasal response?) Were you crouched down with the kids I wonder?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:11:20 AM by Clovie »

Briony

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 04:22:32 PM »

I initially thought it was a panic attack, but now know it isnt as I can almost make them happen - by forgetting my pill or on the blank days. I do have panic attacks occasionally, but this feeling - dizzy, then palpitations, then sudden fatigue with nauseau, shivering then OK - is quite different and always hormone related. The weirdest thing of all the other day, on a blank pill day, was when I was exercising, sweating buckets and suddenly goosebumps appeared at the same time!

snakebite495

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 05:40:19 PM »

I can totally relate to the cold flushes,, i can be so hot its unbearable but in the next breath so cold i need a bath to warm up.. its just horrible.. thought i was going mad.. how can i be so cold and yet sat on top of the radiator? And today i am having the most severe arm ache, dont know if that can be peri menopause related but i have taken pain killers, applied extreme heat and extreme cold also muscle gel and just so  painful:(

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 04:10:17 PM »

Mis71Mum - I tried Actimel and it gave me a really upset tum. I researched it a bit online and there are quite a few comments on different forums that this can be one of the side effects for some people. Are you still taking it?

Taz x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 05:47:22 PM »

Hi Taz - I've been thinking that it may have been the actimel. Just because I've had a few funny turns since this one and the only change is actimel. I'm beginning to wonder if it may be bowel related....as I have had IBS before and it wasn't dissimilar to that feeling.

I'm sure the advert says I can have my money back if I don't feel "brilliant in 2 weeks" 😄

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 07:03:36 PM »

I tried it once but got stomach pain and IBS type urgency so I didn't have any more of it.

Taz x