Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Premique low dose supply problems any ideas for an alternative? Help!  (Read 3135 times)

Annflan

After being on Premique Low dose for 5 years it is no longer available. My doctor put me on what she said was the closest to it and almost immediately had several hot flushes a night. Tried this for 3 months and decided to try without any HRT and tried alternative remedies. These have not worked and I feel awful.  Aching bones, hot flushes and terrible sleepless nights.  Have made an appointment to go back to the doctor and definitely want HRT again.  Has anyone got any suggestions of what might be a good alternative?  H

Taz2

Re: Premique low dose supply problems any ideas for an alternative? Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 03:25:48 PM »

Hi Annflan - I hadn't heard that the low dose was no longer available. It's really annoying when this happens and you have to start the search for an alternative but it is worth persevering. I'm not sure, myself, which would be the best for you to try but someone will be along soon with advice I'm sure. Which one have you tried?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Annflan

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 08:24:03 PM »

Taz thanks for the reply but I cannot remember what the doctor put me on although she did say it was the closest one to it.  Wondered whether I could cut in half or take. Every other day. Has anyone tried this?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 11:09:28 AM »

Hi - it sounds as if you would need more hormone not less if your hot flushes returned so I don't think that halving the dose would be helpful. Have a good look around the forum - lots of info under the green banner at the top of the page - and print off anything which you might think is relevant to take to the GP. I have carried out a quick search (using Search button in the blue bar top left of the page and came up with this http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=29394.0 which may be of help! Can you remember if it was Femoston you were swapped to?

If you would like to introduce yourself on the New Members thread then I am sure you will get more replies. Posts can get lost sometimes as the forum is so busy and I'm sure that more members would like to welcome you.

Taz x

Annflan

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 04:39:15 PM »

Thanks again Taz have followed your advice and gone onto the new members area.

Djt58

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 05:09:00 PM »

Hi - I am new but might be able to help Annflan - I have just collected my first pack of HRT tabs and they are Premique 0.625.  So if they are the low dose ones you were referring to, they are definitely still on the market. 

I am now just keeping my fingers crossed that they will work as I cannot cope with the anxiety attacks, the doom and gloom which I cannot shake off, or the weird tingling sensations that make me think I might be having a stroke!  My poor husband is very understanding, but it is so hard to explain all these feelings and sensations.  The only time I feel normal is after a run, but unfortunately that normal feeling only last for a few hours.