Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi Ladies  (Read 10736 times)

Noodle

Re: Hi Ladies
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 11:24:09 PM »

Apologies ladies, the progestogen in Femoston is dydrogesten not desodestrel as I said before - in fact, you cannot get that in HRT - more's  the pity.  Also, where I've previously written Continue, I of course mean Conti .

Noodle

Noodle

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 12:06:05 AM »

Further update.  Went for my review today, ready to do battle about systemic  and local estrogen, armed with NICE guidelines.

Told lovely nice gp that Femoston working well - no depression or anxiety.  Boobs only slightly sensitive, occasional rare flush, bloating and digestion problems gone but VA problems had gone backwards (to be expected really as I had halved the estrogen). Explained to her great if found an old forgotten Estring at t the end of March and had put that into the equation.

"Oh yes" she said, "that's fine to use both".

Brilliant!  No need to pull out the Nice guidelines, she wrote me a prescription for 6 months worth of Femoston and Estring.  I love this lady.

X

Annflan

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 04:49:02 AM »

Noodle
I have been working my way around the forum looking for advice on Femostone Conti.  I see that you have taken this.  I have been struggling with feeling sick, bloated and breasts getting bigger by the day.  I was on Premique low dose but this is no longer available.  How did you find the Femostone and are you still on it?

Noodle

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 03:27:36 PM »

Yes, still on it - renewed my prescription yesterday.

I first tried Elleste duet but the progestegen, norethisterone, did not suit me at all - depression, sore boobs and very upset digestive system.  Stuck with it for 3 months hoping side effects would resolve, but no joy.

So I switched to Femoston conti 3 months ago.  Initially a very rocky ride with the digestive system but it lessened over time and now I have no ill effects from it at all - only good things!

Good luck.

clare663

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 08:13:43 AM »

hi noodle. really glad i found your post. i am on evorel conti and have had severe constipation from day 2 of taking it. even had to do an enema last week! very unpleasant! and although i have not put on weight, i look 6 months pregnant with the severe bloating. i was thinking of going on the gels until i found this post. i did not realise that there was another patch with a different type of progestron. why do the doctors give us hrt which contains a chemical that causes so much problems when there are others readily available? i will return to my gp and suggest this patch. thank you again for the information. ;D

Noodle

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 09:51:21 AM »

Hi Clare663

Femoston is actually tablet form HRT.  However you do have an alternative as there is another conti patch called Femseven.  This uses levonorgestrel for the progesterone bit instead of norethisterone.
Pages: 1 [2]