Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Eyup everyone  (Read 1544 times)

Anglichanka

Eyup everyone
« on: April 06, 2016, 10:35:33 AM »

hello all. I've posted something on the personal experiences thread, but will introduce myself here too. I'm 46, perimenopausal, have grade 4 endometriosis (for which I was given a chemically induced menopause with leuprorelin a few years ago, which was horrible). I've been having a crappy time for the last six months or so: hot flushes, night sweats, insomnia, brain fog, dry skin, annhilated libido, vaginal dryness, depression. The whole damn lot. The depression and insomnia have been the hardest to cope with (when I had the chemical menopause, the insomnia is what finally drove me to ask for HRT) and I'm losing days and days of work, because the profound sadness and blackness is debilitating. I've been on HRT for a month now: estradot patches and 200mg utrogestan on days 15-28. Initially everything seemed great, but since I started the progesterone - which I seem to tolerate fine apart from this - I notice that of the three-four days I wear a patch, I only get two of a decent mood, and the rest is the old familiar depression. I still keep fit: I'm running 30 miles a week, and do yoga and strength training too. I will not let this damn menopause beat me. But on depressed days (today is a good one) I'd tell you something very different. Actually, I wouldn't because I wouldn't have the strength to write this. Anyway that's me.

dazned

Re: Eyup everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 11:25:30 AM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

coldethyl

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 11:44:28 AM »

Just to say hello and welcome.

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 06:45:48 PM »

HI there! I think I know exactly how you feel. The whole lot seemed to hit me at once too and I'm an entirely different person with a different mindset on my good days. One month on the hrt is not a long time at all. Give it some time. I know that's hard, as by the time I recognized that I needed to try hrt I was already several months into pure misery and felt like I was losing time every day. My first month was very up and down. I'm in my 4th month (I think) and just increased my estrogen, so I'm still not "all better". One thing that has helped me is to keep a calendar and mark my general feeling for each day, basically was it a good day or a bad day. I also try to note days that I'm having flushes, only because my doctor seems more intent on linking the hrt to tangible physical symptoms than my mental state. Anyway, the calendar helps because in my times of despair when I'm convinced the hrt is worthless, I can look back and see that I am having fewer bad days.
Also, good for you on staying fit! On my worst days I try to at a minimum do some stretching or yoga and a little jumping or dancing to keep my blood moving, even if it's only a minute or two. I certainly don't feel like it some days, but those dark days had me sitting around so much that I can feel my fitness level dropping.
I've rambled on, so welcome!