Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Some daughters do 'ave 'em  (Read 5375 times)

Dulciana

Some daughters do 'ave 'em
« on: April 04, 2016, 03:27:46 PM »

Parents!  My elderly Dad has a cold, although it seems to be not as bad now.  I went to the chemist to get him some Lemsips. I then drove round to Dad's to give them to him. Who should I see, when I was getting out of the car across the road, but Dad on his way to the post box with a couple of letters!  It was raining a bit (still is) and he had no hat on.  Luckily I had my umbrella and so was able to cover his head from the moment I caught up with him, to the post box and back to his house, where I gave him the said Lemsips.  And my family all wonder why I worry so much about Dad.  This is why!!   :o

babyjane

Re: Some daughters do 'ave 'em
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 03:34:31 PM »

They are a tough generation.  If you think what they went through in the war I guess, to your dad, a bit of rain on his head for a few minutes is small stuff.

they are also a fiercely independent generation, sometimes too much for their own good though  ::)

Dulciana

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 04:09:36 PM »

Thanks babyjane, this just might help me get through tonight's choir practice something like calmly. :thankyou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 04:25:13 PM »

Men  :bang: :bang: :bang:

However, it's his cold, his chest, his walk in the rain  ;)

Dulciana

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 04:30:34 PM »

I sincerely hope it doesn't go to his chest, CLKD.  I want him to shake it off. 

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 04:34:17 PM »

Some wives do 'Ave 'em too Dulciana! My hubby is moaning thinking he has another cold coming on. He wore his big jacket to go into town with me, but refused to put his hood up. It was raining cats & dogs! Men!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 05:07:17 PM »

I try to think 'he's a Big Boy now'  ::) but if he has a lot on his mind then I remind him to 'put on a coat/use sun tan cream/wear wellies' etc..

Will he swallow the Lemsip or will you ring to remind him?

Dulciana

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 09:37:06 PM »

He's quite good with taking it, CLKD.   Fortunately.