Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: evorel sequi  (Read 2229 times)

tinaarena.3

evorel sequi
« on: April 03, 2016, 02:45:42 PM »

Hi I'm new to this forum and just wanted to know if anyone is using evorel sequi patches and how theyr getting on with them. What theyr symptoms are and if they experienced any side effects..
To be truthful ladies I'm really struggling! I'm 49 . 50 in a few weeks. Iv bn peri for abt 4/5 yrs. Last period was last Oct '15 and previous to that was April '15.  I was on tridestra 3 monthly hrt pill but mood swings/ tears were horrendous (reason I went on hrt to begin with) anyhoo I was given the sequi patches back on oct but hvnt taken them as was fearful of the moods swings and also weight gain!!😕😕 sorry for being vain but my son getting  married in cple months and iv outfit in and don't want to feel even worse abt myself! ! 😢😢😢
I just feel the joy has went out of life and hv no motivation . My friend had just rang me to go our tngt and I just feel I shud be making effort but feel like crap and don t want to drink cos Itl make me feel worse. Thank you for reading this in advance wud appreciate ur stories.

Hurdity

Re: evorel sequi
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 05:34:47 PM »

Hi tinaarena.3

:welcomemm:

You've come to the right place for help and support :)

If you go to the home page of the forum and do a search for Evorel sequi you will find threads from other women who take these patches. I did use them when i first started HRT but I didn't react well to the progestogen in them - but many women are fine with them. As for the weight gain - that is not a foregone conclusion on HRT. There is some information here about it:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/sideeffects.php
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/weightgain.php

Weight gain often occurs around the time of menopause as our metabolism slows down so we need to counter that with increased exercise and fewer calories - well at least cut down on sugar carbs and excess fat. Some of the progestogens do tend to cause bloating but this is different for different women.

HRT should help your moods and motivation and now is a good time to start. I started at the same stage as you - period in October (2006 !!) and previous one a while before, started the HRT in March 2007 and never looked back (now aged 62 and still taking it!)! Do give it a go but make sure you look at what you are eating etc so that you keep in shape for your son's wedding. If this type doesn't work then there are yet others that are recommended - but best thing is to get started on the oestrogen. There will be a few side effects at first eg possible nausea, and aching boobs, but the oestrogen side effects should settle fairly quickly and hopefully you will then reap the benefits :)

Hurdity x

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 06:32:44 PM »

Hi! welcome to the forum, I was on evorel sequi for 4 months, I didn't gain any weight on them and felt fine on the oestrogen but my mood dropped with the progesterone, so im now on femsevern sequi, this has a different progesterone and im getting on better with this one.... good luck, it does seem to effect everyone differently....

tinaarena.3

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 07:02:57 PM »

Thank you so much for your post and taking the ti me to reply.
ill do as you say and read up on other threads. I know it is down to me at the end of day but I supose I'm just looking for the miracle answer!! Xx