Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: bathroom tiles for tiny en suite shower room: going mad!  (Read 8750 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: bathroom tiles for tiny en suite shower room: going mad!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 05:03:58 PM »

Ignore the design web-sites, they are selling an idea at a cost!  I didn't want a clinical look so went for mermaid board in the shower area [2 walls of bright colour] and painted the walls in cream with cream towels.  Our bathroom has a large window which gets the morning sunshine.

Pale paint can easily be re-covered with a different colour or half-tiled when you find some you like.  Paint washes down without problems, I prefer bedroom paint rather than that supposedly for kitchen/bathrooms.  We have a dimmer switch for the lights in the shower cubicle  ;)  :-X

Our paint around the wash basin needs thorough cleaning weekly and DH re-paints the whole room every 12-14 months.  The shower area needs nowt other than cleaning, the mermaid board works well and is different.

Have you thought about large mirror tiles?  Maybe paint from the floor upwards to shoulder level then some mirror tiles to the ceiling?  They will reflect light.  Small tiles can be bought on a roll like wall paper but is fiddly to fix! Don't let your 'fitter' dampen your plans!! this is what you have to live with.

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 07:30:24 PM »

Any news?

SadLynda

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2015, 01:21:53 PM »

wish I had read this earlier in the year.

We are going for the mortuary look in our tiny en-suite too.  I have waited all summer (racing season) with the tiles off the wall and floorboards for himself to make a start.  Last race this weekend so hopefully he will make a start soon.  How much do I wish I knew about mermaid board before we got all those awful tiles, infact I might still suggest it to him.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 04:41:03 PM »

Large files don't give a mortuary effect  ;) ……….. Mermaid Board is sold in lots of colours ……..

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 04:12:51 PM »

Any news?
Pages: 1 [2]