Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Is 3 x sachets of sandrena = 100mg patch?  (Read 1526 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Is 3 x sachets of sandrena = 100mg patch?
« on: April 03, 2016, 09:22:48 PM »

Anyone know what the conversion is? I know 3 x 1mg sachets of sandrena is a high dose, but wondered if it was as high as a 100mg patch? Or as high as the levels of oestrogen in a conventional BCP?

Thanks x

Briony

Re: Is 3 x sachets of sandrena = 100mg patch?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 10:42:05 AM »

My doctor said the doses were 'similar'. I am not sure how helpful that is! Someone did once post a direct comparison (link) on here but I cant find it.

In theory, they (gels etc) are absorbed more directly than pills so should be stronger than natural estrogen pills (however, remember the synthetic estrogen in most BCP is 3-5 times stronger, so is likely to be more potent than the gels).

However, I know from experience that after 3 months of 100mcg patches, my  estrogen was still only 128 pmol. I am far better off with tablets, though the higher risks involved doesnt thrill me!

Hurdity

Re: Is 3 x sachets of sandrena = 100mg patch?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 04:42:25 PM »

I think we've said lots of times that an exact comparison isn't possible unfortunately - but 3 sachets sandrena is the same as 4 pumps estrogel so it's very approx in the same ballpark as 100 mcg as they say - but depends on how well you absorb from the different methods as Briony says. Gosh that is low Briony - I wonder why? Mine was well over 200 from 50 mcg patch last time it was measured - and I am well post-meno. Just shows we can't generalise at all!

Hurdity x