Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: things to help relex and destress  (Read 10994 times)

Dulciana

Re: things to help relex and destress
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 08:02:23 AM »

The composer of Tubular Bells........!

Scampi

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 12:02:12 PM »

I like to crochet (used to knit, but since I taught myself to crochet a couple of years ago, I find knitting too slow!), do puzzles (complexity depends on how tired my brain is - after a busy day at work, a good old word-search is great for 'zoning out' on the train home!), read and watch TV.  I've never been any good with plants - I had a plastic fern and it wilted - so gardening is not relaxing at all!

For total chilling out, I absolutely love a good coffee in the sun, with Fleetwood Mac's Albatross as my soundtrack - bliss.

Dulciana

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 08:16:20 PM »

For total chilling out, I absolutely love a good coffee in the sun, with Fleetwood Mac's Albatross as my soundtrack - bliss.

Ooh, yes!
D.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 08:28:07 PM »

Here we are -

Bubble bath
Very Good Book
Cuppa
Chocolate milk shake
Feet up
Being warm enough in bed
Soothing music

Dorothy

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 11:42:33 PM »

Cuddling my dog
Sitting outside drinking tea with my best friend (we've even been known to pile coats on and sit out in January if it's not raining!)
Walking
Gardening
Knitting as long as I'm not knitting to a deadline and it's the right level of complexity - too easy and I have too much time to think, too complicated and it becomes stressful trying to get it right.  I'm knitting a hat at the moment which is just right!
Looking at my photo albums - I love taking photos and usually fill an album a year - it's very soothing to look back at all the good things from a previous year.
Baking

mumziz

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 08:55:26 AM »

I enjoy knitting so that helps me relax. I'm currently unemployed and job hunting (living in London doesn't help ) so I've started volunteering few houre a week which I thoroughly enjoy.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 07:36:35 PM »

Coal fire
Good book
Bubble bath

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 10:01:47 PM »

Anyone like to add their relaxing ideas? known as 'me' time  ;)

Dyan

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 12:01:12 PM »

Reading,crocheting,colouring.

Kate50

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 12:12:30 PM »

I do that Dorothy sit outside with coat on with dogs a drink and sun in face.  Last weekend made a fire and cooked soup on it! Wallking dogs in nature park in morning with my niece we always have a good laugh yet mainly at me having to have a wee in the bush while she keeps look out!  We always have a good social interaction with other dog walkers too.  Have taken some great photos through the changing seasons

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 12:38:02 PM »

I tried the colouring but it got me really frustrated as it took so long which was sort of the opposite of what it should have done for me  ;D

Can't crochet or knit - to be fair I've never tried - don't like gardening but do like reading. I find it so hard to relax - sitting still is very difficult but I've always been the same and can't see me changing now.

I guess the only relaxing I do is..... in the pub with my glass of wine, cosy fire, muddy dogs and interesting friends.

Taz x

Dulciana

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »

A Fenjal bath and Classic FM.......
Listening to wonderful music, with headphones on so that Hubby can't comment and re-stress me....
A glass of chilled white wine and my feet up...........
One of my siblings visiting Dad, so that I'm not the first port of call (none of them live near, so this rarely happens - it is just now, though  :)..............)
Getting Buzzfeed's "This Week in Cats"  in my inbox on Friday evenings.  My daughter set this up for me.  It's always a surprise and I go into a mushy goo, looking at fluffy moggies being either sweet or funny.  I forget the world!   :)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:54:29 PM by Dulciana »

Milamam

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 02:04:45 PM »

Early morning hot cup of coffee in the garden listening to birds before everyone wakes up;

Feet up in my bedroom with a very good book and a pack of crackers; doors closed.

Out in the sun, gardening - takes all negative energy away!

Glass of white wine in the evening;

A very hot soup in a very cold day;

Dancinggirl

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 04:30:29 PM »

Walking, reading, gardening, Mindful Meditation are all ways that help me cope with stress. I do think a good laugh is fantastic for lifting the spirits.  A comedy programme on TV or I often go onto Youtube and find funny stuff to watch e.g Graham Norton - some his interviews have me chuckling happily and this feels so good. Dg x
Pages: 1 [2]