Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: High blood pressure - getting married next week !  (Read 2706 times)

LW44

High blood pressure - getting married next week !
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »

Hi,

Ok trying not to worry... went to drs today for meds review - she is happy with everything - until took my blood pressure -  which is normally fine, she said slightly high - nothing to send me rushing to   a & e (her words lol )  i am getting married next week !    :)  i had a late night last night , just finished work - slightly agigtated. as just starting period. -  so am i ok not to worry ??   its niggling away in back of mind ( i suffer anxiety) .  im die to go back and have it checked when get back from honeymoon.   8)

crazydaisy

Re: High blood pressure - getting married next week !
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:54:00 PM »

I think if she was worried you would of had further tests.. I know when my blood pressure was high I had to have a 24hr monitor and blood tests.

Sounds to me it was only a little elevated  so go and have a worry free wedding  and  congratulations x

LW44

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:17:05 PM »

Thank you crazydaisy  :)

LW44

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 09:29:27 AM »

thank you   :)  just had it checked at work... its normal... x

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »

It's called white coat syndrome! Particularly if you are stressed in other ways too. I've had this, but the next time my BP was back in the ideal range.

Congranulations on getting married next week!  :congrats:

Let us know how things go!

LW44

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 12:42:18 PM »

Thank you Ju ju..   im as nervous as anthing... not for actual wedding just anx incase get anx lol x

Dorothy

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 08:44:10 PM »

Congratulations on the wedding!  I expect the high blood pressure is due to the extra stress of getting ready for it - I've had it a couple of times, each time I've been under extra pressure and it's always been back to normal the next time.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 09:03:13 PM »

Only slightly raised thats great news :)  If I was getting married again it would be high!
I have the worlds worst white coat syndrome, its so bad that my Gp surgery never take my bp as it will always be high so they get me to take it at home . twice a year i take it three times a day for 6 weeks and take the readings in and at home my bp is low.  Anyone medical taking it and it will be high.  So dr said don't ever let anyone give you bp drugs based on their bp readings only go by your home ones or else you will be spark out on the floor.

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 09:53:24 PM »

Only slightly raised is fine. Wedding nerves/stress hoping all goes to plan on the big day would send my BP up too.

I suffer with white coat syndrome. I check mine occasionally at home & it's within parameters.

Enjoy your wedding. Bet it goes smoothly. Then go off & enjoy your honeymoon. Just what the doctor ordered. Your BP will be fine.

:congrats:

LW44

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 09:03:27 AM »

Thank you everyone  ;D xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 12:02:38 PM »

White coat syndrome: which the GP should be aware of ;-).  Himself has that and a more laid back person you won't find anywhere and on his BP machine, I don't register at all  ::)

Hope that the weather is fine for your wedding!