Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feel deflated  (Read 2929 times)

scoobylyn

Feel deflated
« on: April 02, 2016, 09:02:47 PM »

I've been on femseven Conti patches for 7 months now.  For the past 2 months I've had heavy painful bleeds lasting 2 weeks, headaches, can't sleep and 2 weeks ago fainted.  All I can think is these really don't agree with me for whatever reason.  Doctor has told me to start Elleste Duet 1mg, 21 days of white tablets and 7 of green. 

I'm sure there have been some benefits, my vaginal atrophy has improved enough to have some sort of sex life without immense pain.  But the side effects of the patch have worn me down. 

Here's to hoping these are better. 

Lizab

Re: Feel deflated
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 11:47:40 PM »

That's too bad, scoobylyn. Had you tried a sequential hrt before you started the conti? Hopefully this will be the one for you.

scoobylyn

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 11:59:20 PM »

The femseven were my first ones.  My GP isn't very clued up at all about HRT and I don't know enough to make suggestions. 

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 12:10:34 AM »

I'm afraid I'm new to all this as well. Were you completely finished with periods before the Conti? I believe if you weren't fully post-menopausal then bleeding problems were to be expected from it.

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 04:10:17 PM »

Sorry you've had a bad experience.  If the new regime doesn't work out for you, I recommend you try the Oestrogel and Utrogestan.  Having tried many different types of HRT, I've found this to be the best regime by far. 

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 05:17:07 PM »

Hi scoobylyn

I've just had a quick look back at your posts and see you were 2 years without periods before starting HRT so it is unusual to start bleeding this late into a continuous combined regime - it usually occurs nearer the beginning and should settle by 6 months.

It sounds like the progestogen does not agree with you - but surprising for it to take this long before affecting you - and also that the balance between progestogen and oestrogen is not right.

I agree with Stellajane and Mary G - it would be better to use separate oestrogen and progesterone so that you can adjust the doses accordingly, but maybe try the Elleste first? These are usually either the same pills all the time or 16 days of oestrogen and 12 days of the combi pills - not as you suggested below   :-\  (21/7) - not sure how you would have these unless the doc has prescribed you some oestrogen only and some Elleste duet conti?

I have used oestrogen patches (50 mcg) with separate progesterone for years and have had no problems - but I have never tried continuous combined HRT in that way (apart from briefly on low dose oestrogen and had no bleeds on this).

Hurdity x