Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Gimme strength!  (Read 1614 times)

Joyce

Gimme strength!
« on: April 04, 2016, 04:41:10 PM »

Been waiting for Estradot 25 for nearly 3 weeks now. Pharmacist suggested GP issue prescription for alternative. Spoke with GP this morning, who said try another chemist. Can't as rest of prescription has been filled. GP didn't seem to understand this. Said it would be hard to find an equivalent. Erm? Pharmacist found 2 I could have instead & was gobsmacked that GP didn't check. So now have to go speak to GP yet again to get prescription for Evorel 25.

Tell me, what do we pay GPs for? She obviously couldn't be bothered & spoke to me like I was thick!!!

Lizab

Re: Gimme strength!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 04:46:43 PM »

Can your pharmacist contact your gp? Often times my gp has asked me to consult my pharmacist and decide what's my best option, then the pharmacist contacts the gp and requests a prescription. I know it seems backward, but the pharmacist is more aware of drug interactions and equivalents and 1st generation/2nd generation etc options.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 05:14:30 PM »

Yes there is also Estraderm. I think these and Evorel are larger patches so you could just have had Estradot 50 and cut these in two? They're all listed here for future reference:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

Hurdity x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 06:07:29 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. However I only use half an Estradot 25. Though I suppose I could quarter a 50 patch. Pharmacist said there were also Estraderm, but they've never has any in, hence suggesting the Evorel.

I'll try asking at surgery again tomorrow.

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 02:49:26 PM »

Spoke with GP again today & got my prescription for Evorel 25. When I told her, she said "Oh, yeah that's a good alternative." Not sure why she couldn't have said that yesterday. Ah well. Problem solved for now.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 04:49:20 PM »

:)