Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Any info/experiences of Angeliq? About to start HRT brand no 3  (Read 3828 times)

Shelby

Hiya as the above really, so far I have tried Femosten 1/10, and Prempac C, both of which have resulted in some positives and some negatives. Main problem is continual bleeds in Oestrogen phase. I have a three/ four day normal bleed, then 10 days of continual spotting and discharge. Once the combined phase starts it then stops. I then get a three day migraine/ headache ( headache on Femosten, migraine with Prempac). Bad depression and grumpy on Prempac too.
So GP visit today has resulted in her prescribing Angeliq, which I have never heard of, so any information/ experiences you lovely ladies could offer would be very much appreciated. Many thanks S x

Mary G

Re: Any info/experiences of Angeliq? About to start HRT brand no 3
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 12:54:35 PM »

I was on Angeliq for a couple of years.  It is expensive and the NHS don't use it much, it used to cost me €23.00 per packet when I bought it over the counter in Spain. 

I can see why you have been prescribed this brand, it is a continuous combined form as HRT as you know and it might sort your bleeding problem out but it is not very strong. 

The type of synthetic progesterone in Angeliq is well tolerated by many women and I was OK with it for a long time and then I had the usual problem which, in my case, is silent migraines (migraine aura without headache) which is only caused by synthetic progesterone.  It wasn't sorting out my thermostat control problem either so I then decided to do an experiment and I topped up the Angeliq up with a 50mcg oestrogen patch and that did stop the migraines and made it work better but it still wasn't anywhere near strong enough for me and I always felt half baked and not quite there - I need very high doses of oestrogen. 

My advice would be give it a try and see if it works.  If you found 1mg of oestrogen strong enough before then you might well be OK with Angeliq. 

Let us know how you get on.

Vanessa1

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 09:35:44 AM »

Hi Shelby, I've been taking Angelique for 5 months now (first time on HRT) and it's not great, but it's not bad either.  It's got rid of my hot flushes and bloating, but I still get a bit of breakthrough spotting (but nothing major) and my mood swings haven't improved.  I also get awful itching which I was getting before I started so like Mary says I don't think it's strong enough.  I've just been prescribed Fem Seven Conti patches which I think are a bit stronger so I'm starting them in a couple of weeks.  Good luck with the Angelique, it might be just the right one for you x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 10:39:22 AM »

Shelby - It's worth trying any HRT as it is a trial and error process - angelic may work really well for you.  If problematic bleeding is your main issue then the answer would be to have a Mirena fitted.  This is what I did in my mid 50s as I didn't want a bleed and it worked a treat - all bleeding stopped within 3 months.
The real plus of the Mirena is that you can then use as little or as much oestrogen as you need to control meno symptoms and this can be as pills, patch or gel.  DG x