Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Elleste Solo sore throat  (Read 6288 times)

Janine64

Elleste Solo sore throat
« on: April 01, 2016, 12:00:14 PM »

Hi, I had a hysterectomy when 39 ovaries left , now going through the mp age 52.
Sleepless nights, mood swings, plus numerous other probs led me to ask for Hrt. Was put on elleste solo , within 2 days woke up with severe sore throat, plus other usual cold/ flu like symptoms. 2 weeks later still have a severe sore throat, on antibiotics as the dr feels it is coincidental. Menopause symptoms gone. Anyone else had this? And does it go away? Any advice would be helpful Many thanks

Taz2

Re: Elleste Solo sore throat
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 12:23:47 PM »

Hi Janine - I would think that it was coincidence. There are many bugs going around at the moment. It's great that your menopause symptoms are gone. I hope that you soon begin to feel better.

Taz x  :)

Janine64

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 09:28:46 AM »

Thanks for your response Taz2 lets hope so as I'm not feeling any better on the antibiotics 3 days

Janine64

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 07:28:53 AM »

Hi Sparkle, I've had a hiatus hernia for 30 years and I'm not having any symptoms from it at present as my weight is down and I eat a bland diet.
 The sore throat is improving now very gradually so I assume I may be getting better. Sore throat is listed as a side effect on drugs.com however, my voice is very weak and hoarse too. Thank you for your response and I will bear your advice in mind

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 12:17:55 PM »

I had a constant runny nose and occasional sore throat while taking Angeliq HRT and ended up taking antihistamines which did actually work.  Same thing happened years ago when I was on the pill, I had a constant nasal drip and was always getting sore throats.  It is possible to be allergic of synthetic drugs apparently, synthetic progesterone certainly triggers my migraines and seems to cause many people endless problems. 

I would recommend you change to bio identical Oestrogel, it is user friendly, you can adjust the dose easily and works far better than anything else I have tried and as you have had a hysterectomy, you will not need to ruin it by using progesterone.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 05:18:07 PM »

Hi Janine64 :welcomemm:

I agree that you might find a transdermal oestrogen gel or patch) better all round. The different types are listed here (scroll down).

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

What dose of Elleste solo have you been given?

I use Estradot 50 mcg and these patches are very small and stick well - just change them twice a week. Yes - great that you do not need the dreaded progesterone! :)

Hurdity x

Janine64

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 07:17:50 AM »

Hi All, I am only on 1 mg Elleste. Sore throat went away for 2 days at end of antibiotics, but now back with avengance. I am assuming it is an infection if it went away originally. Booked back in with GP this morning.
I was back to work yesterday and it was a pleasure to be not sweating, crying and losing it. Clear thinking has returned, only side effect at the moment is tingling breasts, but I've always had that pre menopause.
Such a change in my life, feel I can manage most things life throws at me now again.