Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oestrogen only HRT  (Read 8274 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Oestrogen only HRT
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 03:44:37 PM »

Stellajane is right - I think your GP has given you Sandrena instead of Oestrogel and this is more expensive - but not that much!!!! Look under the TREATMENTS section above to find out the prices. You will need to use the Sandrena every day. Oestrogel comes in a canister and you squirt out each dose so there are 64 doses in each canister which does work out cost wise as quite reasonable.  Your GP is clueless!!!!!!
Print out the info from this site and send it with a letter to the GP if you have been given the worn gel.  DG x

Mary G

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 06:19:15 PM »

That's right Stellajane, it is in a red and white box in a toothpaste type tube and it's called Oestraclin and it costs about €4.00.  Don't forget, it doesn't have a pump mechanism, you have to use the white slide that comes with it and half a slide is one pump and a whole slide is two pumps.  It is exactly the same as the UK branded Oestrogel.   

YOU DON'T NEED A PRESCRIPTION, you can buy it over the counter in any Spanish pharmacy but they usually only have one tube in stock so you need to order it but they normally get delivery the next day.  I always order about 6 tubes at a time.  You can also do this with Utrogestan but it's hard to get very enthusiastic about that stuff!

The Spanish pharmaceutical business is going to wonder what's hit it!

Jennifer1234

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 06:53:32 PM »

Hi ladies.

Ok so I have my prescription now and it is sandrena ....... But after reading up on it on this forum it seems it's very much identical to oestrogel (?) so I'm going to give it a go and start it this evening after my bath.

It's amazing that you can get oestrogel in Spain without prescription ....... May have to go down that route in the future.

So now I'm wondering whether I put on a whole sachet this pm ( 1g) or split it and use half this eve and half in morning  ::).  Also should I just stop Premarine dead or continue for few days until sandrena kicks in ..?? I'm guessing a bit of trial and error  8)
Pages: 1 [2]