Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: nauseous and terrified  (Read 15261 times)

robotwars

Re: nauseous and terrified
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2015, 01:01:59 PM »

I take evorel sequi, so I have 2 weeks of patches without progesterone then for the next 2 weeks I have patches with the progesterone in them, you change the patches twice a week and they stick really well!

Briony

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2015, 03:14:23 PM »

Pepperminty, you can take patches without Progesterone and then have that separately (ie in bio identical form,). If you have the estrogen only patches, they are much of a likeness, the key differences being size and stickability. I had no problems with Evorel. Have you considered taking a gel? Knowing you are very sensitive to estrogen, at least you could alter the dose on a day by day basis?

Briony

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2015, 03:21:34 PM »

Hi pepperminty.
I like you have tried prempak C, and I felt awful on it, tired, exhausted, headaches, nausea, then I tried cyclo-prognova and the same thing happened. Im now trying the patches and feel so much better.
Hang in there I hope you find something that helps you.  :)

Robotwars, what patch dose are you on? x

robotwars

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2015, 05:58:22 PM »

Evorel 50

Hurdity

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2015, 05:54:21 PM »

Hi pepperminty

Have you managed to find out all the differences with the different products yet?

Elleste solo is an oestrogen only tablet. Some women who prefer to use oral but bio-identical HRT take this with separate progesterone (Utrogestan) as Dr Currie suggested.

Progesterone (the bio-identical one) cannot be produced in a patch. For oral use it is micronised ( ground up very finely) and prepared in a suspension (liquid) and put into the Utrogestan capsules. As has been discussed before the closest progesterone to our own is dydrogesterone - the progestogen in Femoston, and the least androgenic (ie least testosterone related).

This is why those of us who want to use patches but want to use bio-identical products have to take them separately.

It is worth noting that with the combi patches, and with Femoston, the progestogen part is for the full 14 days, whereas the stronger progestogens are only taken for 12 days per cycle. This means that in a 4 week cycle women who are progesterone intolerant may well experience adverse symptoms for more than 2 weeks - longer than in a normal menstrual cycle, ie the two weeks of the progestogen and then the few days progesterone withdrawal before the bleed and maybe the first couple of days. This is why some gynaes recommend a longer cycle under supervision for such women.

I hope I haven't confused you? My brain doesn't seem to produce words in the same way that it used to and I just type things as they occur to me so sometimes might come across garbled!!

I use Estradot 50 because they are very small.

Hurdity x

dangermouse

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2016, 10:13:14 PM »

I know this is an old post but just wanted to comment about this reaction to starting the pill in case others, like me, are reading old posts for advice.

I too had the extreme reaction when I went back on the pill (after being fine on it 6 years earlier). I already had bad nausea up to midday but for the first 7-8 days of the pill I had it from 5am to 6pm, so all day and so intense I had to cling onto the bed to get through the unbearable waves, plus the intense waves of fear and could only cope with milk and juice that week. I knew the pill would initially increase symptoms though, as you are adding to surges at that stage, and that once the hormones had built up to lower the surges it would get better which it did.

The nausea never returned, so if anyone has the same extreme reaction, it does change dramatically after the first week - if you can hang in! You can also take a beta blocker for the anxiety surges and a sleep inducing antihistamine like Cyclizine for the nausea surges. (Don't take Motilium or ginger as they are stimulating and make it much worse!).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2016, 12:38:46 PM »

:thankyou:  danger mouse - I have never been able to over-ride any medication which makes me nauseous  :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]