Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Coming off HRT  (Read 12611 times)

dazned

Re: Coming off HRT
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 02:57:01 PM »

I had these hot flushes throughout the night when I stopped but was ok during the day strangely but after about 6 weeks they went,get them occasionally now . Maybe they will for you too. If not maybe you will have to rethink. Good luck.

zelda

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 10:21:23 AM »

I had these hot flushes throughout the night when I stopped but was ok during the day strangely but after about 6 weeks they went,get them occasionally now . Maybe they will for you too. If not maybe you will have to rethink. Good luck.

Oh I hope so, I will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for all your replies.

Cazikins

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 10:36:19 PM »

Slowly does it Zelda.
I'm still on 3 tablets over 7 days & been doing this for 4 months or so.
No hot flushes yet. I keep meaning to cut it down to 2 tablets a week.................
Good Luck.

zelda

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 09:53:53 AM »

When I was talking 2/3 tablets a week I did not get any flushes either its only when I had stopped completly for 2 weeks that they arrived :'(

zelda

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 10:13:50 AM »

It might well be indeed. I will give it the 3 months, although I had an awful night last night and this morning I have had 3 flushes so far....a ahhhhh.... I can't really afford to pay for the tablets but I will have to sacrifice something else as quality of life will be horrible if I continue to have the flushes as bad as this after the 3 months have passed. I guess also if it means taking only 2 tablets or so a week it wont work out that expensive.

zelda

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 09:46:59 AM »

I am getting terrible nightmares over the last few weeks, does anyone think coming off HRT might be connected, I wake up shattered!

Mary G

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 02:24:57 PM »

zelda, I remember my gynaecologist saying that nightmares are yet another sign of low oestrogen.  Instead of giving up HRT altogether why don't you just try to cut it down a bit if it is becoming too expensive?  How much is it costing you every month and could you buy it cheaper online?  I know you are in the Republic and under a different system but perhaps it is worth looking at other options.  Don't put yourself through this hell when you don't have to. 

zelda

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 09:59:21 AM »

I am trying to give it 3 months and see if things improve. It will probably be about 20 euros a month but I have decided I will buy it regardless. I would not buy on line as you never know what you would get.

Has anyone else had these crazy nightmares I wonder they are almost worse than the dreaded flushes!

clare663

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 10:09:21 AM »

Hi Zelda. I had horrid nightmares with my menopausal symptoms and again when I started on HRT but they soon went. Yes I would say they are definately linked. And I sympathize that you should not have to accept a lower quality of life (if that happens) for financial reasons. HRT should be available as a free prescription! Would love to know why it isnt. Its disgusting! We dont ask for all these hormonal changes and they are a fact of life with some nasty side effects!!

zelda

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 08:10:19 AM »

Thank you so much Claire. I will try to carry on for the 3 months but the way I feel at the moment I just may go back on. I can cope with the flushes but the nightmares are killing me. I can't bear the feeling of being constantly exhausted during the day. I actually feel traumatised when I wake which is an awful feeling.

babyjane

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 01:07:15 PM »

I had some AD medication that gave me very strong, vivid dreams that went on all night, not good so I sympathise. 

zelda

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 02:44:53 PM »

I am already on Prozac but that does not affect my dreams, the nightmares  only happened in the last few weeks since I came off HRT :(

zelda

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 09:42:08 AM »

After another terrible nights sleep last night so that's it I give up, I can't cope any longer so I am going back to see the doctor today.

Cazikins

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 07:53:57 PM »

Sorry things haven't settled down for you, give yourself a break & I agree go back to your doc - hope you got some help today.
Maybe it isn't the right time for you to be off HRT right now Zelda  :-\.
Cazi

zelda

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2016, 08:47:11 AM »

Thanks. I got my Femeston Conti (low dose) so looking forward to a good nights sleep at some stage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3