Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Symptoms coming back , advice most welcome  (Read 1837 times)

pepperminty

Symptoms coming back , advice most welcome
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:19:15 AM »

Hi ladies,

I have noticed that a few of my symptoms have crept back, mainly the aching limbs and the general stiff arthritic feeling, also slightly more emotional and more cellulite and thicker round the middle, a bit more tired and nausea when waking  - which were all the things which went away when I started taking Femosten 1/10.
 Do I need to up the dose ? I tried Femosten 2/10 a while ago and it caused me to be an emotional wreck after a month, and made my periods last 14 days , so I changed back to 1/10. I take fish oil and vitamin D etc.  I am not sure what one does as you get older regarding dosages. I don't want to change to another HRT as I work full time and the last time I changed I had bad symptoms and could not have worked, so any suggestions please would be most welcome. Is it a blip ?  I am 49 and diagnosed peri menopausal a couple of years ago.

Thanks Pepperminty x

Dancinggirl

Re: Symptoms coming back , advice most welcome
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »

I'm afraid HRT can only do so much. I wouldn't increase the dose as it probably won't make much difference. Are you doing some good exercise e.g. brisk walking? Have you tried some Magnesium - magnesium is essential for the absorption of calcium & Vitamin D and it's easy to be a bit low on this.
I'm afraid the cellulite will emerge come what may - thats getting older for you - we simply have to eat less as we get older - I have cut the amount I eat each day by about one third.
If you have a sedentary job then try to get up and walk around a bit more - I can't sit for too long or I seize up!!
Perhaps have session with a physio who can give you some exercises to help with the painful joints.?
DG xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Symptoms coming back , advice most welcome
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 11:35:36 AM »

Aches and pains can be eased by OTC remedies, i.e. Nurofen or other medications, have a chat with the local Pharmacist to see what he/she would recommend.  Swimming is good, non weight-bearing exercise and 10 mins. brisk walking daily helps stave off osteoporosis. It's about managing the various symptoms.

Lifting and sitting correctly are important too.