Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sequential Period Question  (Read 1790 times)

Dollydream

Sequential Period Question
« on: July 07, 2016, 09:10:42 AM »

Hi ladies
Looking for some more advice.....  I have just finished a first month on Femoston 1/10 and all went well with scheduled bleed arriving on time.  However, I didn't realise how realistic the bleed would be, I just assumed it would be like the pill light bleed and not a full scale period with cramps.  I am starting a new job with training away from home when I am scheduled to have my next period.  Do you think I could take say 3 more oestrogen tablets to push the worst of the period onto the following weekend or should I just leave things as I have only just started the sequential.  Any opinions? Thanks x

Dollydream

Re: Sequential Period Question
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 02:14:31 PM »

:) Thanks Stellajane

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 04:34:48 PM »

The only thing is if you try to delay your period by delaying the progestogen phase - it may well be if you are still ovulating that you will bleed anyway at the expected time. It depends on how strong your cycle is and how far into peri-menopause I would say. You would be more likely to delay your period by extending the progesterone stage - although the same thing could happen if your own cycle kicks in!

Hurdity x

Dollydream

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 09:47:11 PM »

Hi Hurdity

I'm 51 and hadn't had a period for about 8 months when I was put on continuous and bled for best part of the 5 months I was on it.  When I stopped conti and before I changed to sequi, I had approx. 5 weeks off HRT and had no periods during this time.  I would hope that I'm quite far into peri but still with a few hormones flying around and enough to disrupt a conti regime. 
Period's settling down a bit today, so I might just grin and bear it next month armed with paracetamol and super plus protection - it's just typical it's due to arrive on my first day!

DollyD x