Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 60 yrs old and on Ellesse duet....hot sweats?  (Read 3573 times)

Soph4496

60 yrs old and on Ellesse duet....hot sweats?
« on: March 22, 2016, 10:11:23 AM »

Hi anyone else get hot sweats when starting on these hrt tablets?

Soph4496

Re: 60 yrs old and on Ellesse duet....hot sweats?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 05:10:51 PM »

Hi its 1mg    Yes I was on this one around 8 yrs ago . Doc has put me back on this due to symptoms. I will give the flushes some time then x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 05:32:38 PM »

How long have you been taking it? That is a low dose tablet (the 1 mg) but some women find they still get hot sweats on the progestogen part. However if you were fine on it 8 years ago then I presume you will be again.

Did your doc not suggest a transdermal HRT ie a patch - this is usually recommended at your age? You can get one with the same ingredients - Evorel conti - which might be preferable in terms of risk, if you plan on taking them long term.

Hurdity x  :welcomemm:

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:55:21 PM »

Welcome to the forum Soph.

I agree with Hurdity that transdermal is the better route for us slightly more mature ladies - I'm 62 and on a patch HRT. Transdermal is safer in terms of your risk from stroke after age 60.

I was on a half patch for a while but this didn't prevent hot flushes. I think that 1mg might not be enough now that you are further into meno? Not sure on that one but that's what happened to me.

Taz x

Soph4496

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 07:34:24 PM »

Thanks. Have tried patches in the past but had lots of problems with them so doc is trying me on these for 3 months to see how I go. Funny how the female doctor kind of told me to just put up with symptoms as at age 60 I should be well past menopause but the young male gp had some sympathy and spoke of my quality of life.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 07:51:35 PM »

:welcomemm:

Soph4496

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 11:03:20 AM »

Thanks CLKD

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 05:24:58 PM »

Yes you may be well passed menopause - but oestrogen deficiency lasts for ever! Some women also experience the peri-menopausal symptoms of hot sweats and flushes for many years - so your other doc hasn't a clue!

What patches did you try and what problems did you have? I am same age as Taz and have pretty much only ever used patches (Estradot - for oestrogen) and separate progesterone in the 9 years I've been on HRT and have been very happy with them. It is a matter of preference and finding the right product for you and your lifestyle, as well as how you absorb it.

Hurdity  x

Soph4496

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 10:19:09 PM »

I have problems with patches sticking due to having psoriasis. I don't have psoriasis much now I am older but dermatologist said problems can occur in the formation of skin cells even on skin with no psoriasis on it.