Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need some perspective please but don't want to cause anyone else more worry...  (Read 5651 times)

babyjane

Kate I so needed your post this morning, thank you so very much for sharing it  :thankyou:

Kate50

Thank you :bighug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

WiiFi is awkward suffice to say I've had various ADs since 1988 and NEVER even considered the effects on my heart. Withtout  them I wouldn't be here, end of.  Literally  :-\ so bugga if there may/not be contra indications.  STOP using Google, he doesn't have ANY qualifications  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Justjules

Thanks Kate. That's the route I am trying to take.

Ha, would you believe it, article just been released in BMJ to now say that in depth studies have shown no adverse reactions to anti depressants, especially Citalopram to heart or heart attacks. .....I give up.

Have come off BBs as Dr said to before I start Citalopram tomorrow. Walking round knackered, and if I do get the slightest bit het up, feel like I'm genuinely on the verge of a heart attack as can't calm down and heart feels heavy....prob all psychosomatic as I have always convinced myself that the BBs were protecting my heart even though no heart problem been detected apart from palps and a raised heart beat for 20 years! I think I'm beyond help at the mo..... :beat: :beat: :sigh: :kick:

Halfpint

Hi Jules,
Definitely psychosomatic. I feel your pain I really do. Here's a tip...you tell your anxiety to 'F Off' so while you're walking around knackered say out loud 'oh F off'!
I hope the Citalopram works for you and you can get some relief from the monster.
x

Justjules

Ha ha Halfpint, that's exactly what I was walking round saying this morning out loud! Just supposed to accept and not fight this thing but I just wish it didn't make you so darn worn out doing it!  Yep, placing all hope on the Citalopram  :) x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Regardless - even if I know that it's psychosomatic it's the physicality of it all that over-whelms me  :'(.

Let me know how you get on!
Pages: 1 [2]