Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Burning tum  (Read 3749 times)

Janice68

Burning tum
« on: March 20, 2016, 02:37:20 PM »

Hi all,  I am experiencing hot flushes and my stomach feels on fire very hot indeed!  Has anybody else had this experience?  Janx

coldethyl

Re: Burning tum
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 02:39:05 PM »

Every day at some point. My flushes start with an adrenalin rush quite often and this leaves me with a burning stomach both internally and externally

jedigirl

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 02:52:49 PM »

Hi,
Yes this was one of my first symptoms, along with nausea , flushes and wild anxiety. How are you managing it?
jg xx

Janice68

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 02:58:48 PM »

Thank you Coldethyl  and Jedigirl  at the mo I'm not on hrt! So I'm on my own with this!  I assume it may cause stomach upset too?
And yes's feeling nausea too any tips jg? Seeing gynae tomorrow to have another go of hrt and got VA!  Janx

jedigirl

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 03:15:26 PM »

Sympathies Janice 68 it's pretty miserable isn't it.
Mine was certainly caused by the fluctuating hormones and before HRT i had months of nausea and burning tummy, always feeling like i wanted to go to the loo, resulting in a huge weight drop.
I've been on Utrogestan 1-14 days and Oestrogen gel for a while now and mostly feel well. Anxiety is still my main problem but life at home is pretty stressful.
For the nausea I tried to eat little and often, difficult when you feel so sick. Protein drinks cold from the fridge saved many days when i couldn't face food. I often felt better later in the day so would eat well then. Crackers, cereal bars , nuts, bananas, little probiotic drinks all helped. I used Feroglobin for energy and a boost too.
Hugs xx

coldethyl

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 03:21:14 PM »

The nausea was one of my earlier symptoms. Sort of like morning sickness but all day. I used to eat little meals and drink plenty of fluids as that seemed to help. I just wish that they'd tell you all these things are part of meno as it freaks you out when something weird starts up. X

Janice68

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 03:38:40 PM »

Thanks jg, it is rather oh I better be polite RUBBISH!! Good food tips!  Me too with anxiety!  I've tried quite a few hrt no luck including your hrt route. So having a break and of course it gets worse so I'm going back to gynae tomorrow to start again and fingers crossed! Love the food tips yummy glad you cld relate to nausea God theres so many symptoms I've lost count! I'm glad you're hrt is working!! Xx

Janice68

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 04:03:10 PM »

Thank you  Coldethyl , the nausea symptoms is a later one for me there's a big list of them and an overload of anxiety too! Thanks for tips what a journey it does freak you out! Xx

Bettyboo

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 04:27:34 PM »

Hi Jan

I've popped over from the other thread. Once again the forum has put my mind at rest (well not quite, but you know what I mean) - another symptom revealed to be suffered by lots of you. I had the night sweats and flushes at the start, but then a year or more without. They've just started off again, mostly at night, maybe it's a final fling? Accompanied by stomach issues, pain on one side then pain on the other side, wind, ibs-type issues. So, can I ask what do the adrenaline surges feel like? Can anyone describe them?

Thanks

BB

Janice68

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 05:00:00 PM »

Hi again Bettyboo hope you read the other thread ,
And yes I do no what you mean bless you!
And I have had stomach problems and pelvic pain hips all been off and on. The surge for me is being overwhelmed by this feeling of anxiety,fear panic
 One minute your fine then this surge I'm sorry finding it hard to explain its a horrible feeling and sometimes I shake
With it and then it's gone and feel normal again
Hormones! Jan xx

coldethyl

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 05:20:44 PM »

Bettyboo, my adrenaline surges feel like a wave of burning metal coursing through my stomach and through limbs- sometimes I feel burning hot and freezing cold at same time, like when you get goosebumps when you have flu. My skin burns with it as it sets my heat induced urticaria off too so fun all round. I know that when I have them, and the ensuing flush, the ovary that has endometriosis the most burns as well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 08:49:35 PM »

Adrenaline feels like boiling water through my veins, scared the wits out of me initially.  It can cause panic attacks  :-\

Burning tum deep inside my belly behind the button area is occasional for me.

Janice68

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 09:23:06 PM »

These surges can be scary and I have had a couple of panic 
attacks I couldn't breath awful!! Jan

Kate50

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 08:51:51 AM »

Try milk thistle for the nausea that's what I used and it worked.  It worked yesterday for my utrogestan headache.  Wish I had used milk thistle in pregnancy had terrible morning sickness with all 4 of mine!

Bettyboo

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 08:58:12 AM »

Thanks for your descriptions of the adrenaline surges - just confirmed exactly how I feel in the mornings when I wake up.

BB