Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: prostap injection  (Read 5654 times)

Nette32

prostap injection
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:02:16 PM »

I am new to this site.  I am 32 and have had every symptom on the list to say early menopause. Fsh levels were not quite high enough to be certain. Saw professor o brien 10 weeks ago who was amazing. Had Prostap injection which took away symptoms almost immediately. Hot flushes have been the only problem since.  A massive improvement on anxiety and anger which prevented me from looking after my children on times and working.  Today it has come back full fledge. A little research seems to suggest that a lot of women have injections every 10 weeks.  Professor wanted my next appointment in 10 weeks, but could only fit me on at 13.

Does this sound at all familiar to anyone?  I'm going to have to ring in such again and feel like I'm going crazy. My worst fear is its not the injection wearing off but I am actually nuts.

Thanks all xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: prostap injection
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 07:17:34 PM »

:welcomemm:  you are not nuts - if you are, so are many on here ;-)

Could your Practice Nurse not give the injection if Prof Brien is unable to give you an appt., did you see him privately, if so, he ought to make room for you to attend.

I suggest you ring him to see - start with saying that so far you have had a good result and would like to keep the levels up, what does he recommend?

Nette32

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 07:30:43 PM »

No I saw him on nhs. He said that if I was desperate he would make room. But secretary says he can't say that,  because he's not the one trying to fit me in.  I shall definitely try that.  Was just getting do worried that it wasn't the injection wearing off but actually just me being depressed or something.  But in last 10 weeks I've felt normal for first time in over a year. So hard to think straight with hormones. I've been cold and worn a cost for first time in 10 weeks. Has to be injection. 

So glad to speak with people who understand xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 07:33:48 PM »

Have a browse round.  If the injection helped then it's boosted your hormone levels sufficiently for you to feel 'usual'.  The Consultant can certainly fit you in maybe at the end of a Clinic, his Secretary should at least have asked.  I would ring back and ask for him to ring you with advice ;-).

Keeping a mood/food diary can be useful, sometimes when we feel well we forget how and when we felt 'off' ……

Ask away!

Nette32

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 07:37:23 PM »

Well I've left a message balling hysterically.  If they can fit me in then that might persuade them  :-\. Will ring Monday to ask. If it was just me I'd cope.  I have a two year old and a four year old who don't deserve to have a mum not coping  :(

Thanks again xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 07:41:35 PM »

I can't cry.  Let us know how you get on!

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 12:57:18 PM »

Hi Nette32

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your early menopause and symptoms. I am not clear about the Prostap injection even though I just looked it up! What is the purpose of being given it? It looks like it suppresses ovulation and reduces oestrogen levels but surely you don't want this at your age. Sorry if I sound ignorant but I don't really understand.

The NICE Guidelines outline how early menopause should be diagnosed and treated.
https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23/chapter/Recommendations#diagnosing-and-managing-premature-ovarian-insufficiency

In what way do you now feel normal when you didn't before?

Hurdity x

Nette32

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 01:31:47 PM »

This all seems a mind field to me too. It got rid of mood swings  and anxiety for me. I've now been given another one with an oestrogen patch. He's mentioned having the coil mirena fitted or hysterectomy as can't stay on injections forever. So confused.  Going to possibly add another post x