Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Another symptom - Heavy head  (Read 9823 times)

Smokey

Re: Another symptom - Heavy head
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 11:42:12 AM »

Hi CLKD

It could be that your brain is crying out for the AD you missed last night?  Are you feeling same now after you've had time to absorb this mornings dose?

Ann x

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 11:55:08 AM »

your brain gets used to a regular sustained dose.  The last few days of inconsistency could be enough to cause some instability.  When you regain your normal regime the sensations will probably abate as you didn't have them before this hiccup did you?

I have had a few head symptoms since stopping my ultra low dose of the same AD you take.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 12:10:06 PM »

It's what is happening inside that intrigues me  ::) - it's like the brain has shrunk so that there's more room for movement …..

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 02:08:21 PM »

I'm not sure it is really moving, it is just the result of the swimmy feelings caused by the chemical changes.

Lizab

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 04:05:23 PM »

Could you be slightly dehydrated, CKLD? Maybe your brain really is shrinking!  :D No, really, sometimes not drinking enough water has strange effects on my head. Having a couple extra glasses can set me right again. I've always teetered on chronic dehydration and I feel the effects more as I get older.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2016, 07:42:15 PM »

Himself makes sure that I have plenty to drink.  Right now a cuppa with 2 sugars.  I know it's the medication but what makes the brain move?   :-\ maybe it's contracting?

babyjane

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2016, 09:49:04 PM »

I don't think it is, it just feels like it is.

what makes the brain move?   :-\ maybe it's contracting?

Kate50

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2016, 06:36:03 AM »

I can't take drugs very well babyjane get heavy head very readily.  Alcohol as well since starting meno that's why I needed to see Studd cos headache all the time on oral hrt. Took first utrogestan last night and woke up with a cracker this morning.  If I have too much oestrogen I get headaches.  As for drugs not being toxic I would say they are my sister takes a med for her epilepsy that's used as other treatments for depression etc and she has to have yearly liver tests cos of the damage they are Slowly doing to her liver. I suppose anything is toxic if your gut isn't working so well and it stays inside you for a long time!  The physical complaints are starting to get better on hrt but I def felt healthier without it.

babyjane

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 10:18:27 AM »

My brushes with oestrogen in the past have always been detrimental to me.  I couldn't tolerate the BCP after my first baby was born and a couple of tries with HRT 12 years ago caused more problems than it solved.  I am oversensitive to anything that alters the physical dynamic of my system.  Even if I get benefits to begin with they are short lived and do not last.

As I said, if it was a matter of life and death or serious illness I would not be stupid but if it is something I can do without I prefer to.

Since stopping the ADs last week I get a heavy head in the mornings but it eases off over the course of the day.  Now paracetamol I can take, but not Ibuprofen.

Kate50

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 10:31:49 AM »

Lol same here I get a headache from taking Co codamol! 

babyjane

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 11:08:57 AM »

that has codeine in it.  I remember the first time our daughter took co codamol, she collapsed and was quite ill.  It happened the next 2 times too so she avoids it now.

I remember on a holiday years ago I had a bad headache so my husband went to the campsite shop and all he could get was Anadin.  The more I took the worse the headache got and after 3 days I noticed on the packet that these headache tablets contained caffeine which is known to cause headaches!!
Pages: 1 [2]