Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sandrena gel surge?  (Read 20274 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Sandrena gel surge?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 06:33:41 PM »

Thank you Chichi

I only used 2 sachets this morning as I had to rush to get out and needed it to dry more quickly. But haven't noticed any difference to be honest.

As ever with me it's all about the anxiety. I wish I knew why my symptoms suddenly changed 5-6 weeks ago? I used to be able to count on 10-16 good, normal days each month. But that's a distant memory now (well a 6 week old memory). I've also had a few weird hot, fizzy, flushes which I've never had up until now. Maybe I just took a step neaerer to the menopause, I just don't know?

And very annoyingly I forgot to ask Dr Annie about the sudden change 6 weeks ago. But I still managed my own natural period a couple of weeks ago without taking any Utro. I was poised to take Utro just after seeing Dr Annie, on her recommendations as it had been 25 days since my last withdrawal bleed. But the day after seeing her my period started so she said to not bother with any Utro until next month.

vintagefiend

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 09:59:17 PM »

hey GRL hope you're well.
I have a question which I hope won't tax your poorly hand too much to answer!
I just wondered whether doctor evans put you on the sandrena regime with the intention of overriding your own cycle- I don't know anything about sandrena- are 3 sachets enough to inhibit ovulation?
i hope you don't mind my asking- i just feel that we're having a similar experience in terms of mood!

Briony

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 07:30:22 PM »

Hi GRL

Good to hear from you, though sorry to hear the hand is still painful.

I tried the Estrogel for a while - 4 pumps per day. This did feel like it was doing something (which was more than the 100mcg patches did for me) but it felt erratic, so I switched to two pumps twice daily. This was much better.

The only reason I stopped was because of issues with Utrogestan (bladder irritation).

I think I am one of the minority who are better off with oral estrogen - though it pains me to say that as I know it has a higher risk!

B x
Pages: 1 [2]