Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: US Elections  (Read 43083 times)

Ju Ju

Re: US Elections
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 12:04:01 PM »

Has anyone listened to Michelle Obama's speech condemning Trump's attitude to women? If Hillary Clinton is elected as president then some of the credit will be hers.

Dana

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 11:05:10 PM »

I'd love to see Michelle O do a Hillary and run for office. That woman is awesome.

The good news now seems to be most pundits are giving Trump a zero chance of winning. Trump is even accusing the media of conspiracies that are affecting his chances, so maybe even he thinks he doesn't have much of a chance.

Of course that means Hillary Clinton will be POTUS, which may come with its own issues, but Trump as POTUS would be disastrous.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:11:07 PM by Dana »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 08:57:48 PM »

Against whom?  Does she have a list A-Z?

Ju Ju

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2016, 10:40:37 AM »

Who has said that? Her opponents?

Hillary Clinton comes with baggage, (her husband and his affairs), her lack of charisma or whatever it is that draws you to some people and the fact she is a woman in a world where sexism is still an issue. Funny how she was more popular when she was Secretary of State. To get to where she has, you have to be very strong and determined. You have to understand that the appalling things that are thrown at you are not personal. It's sadly politics or in the case of Trump, very much about his state of mind.

What is more concerning is how Trump was endorsed in the first place. Maybe if Clinton is elected, as Trump is losing his endorsements, she will not be blocked by the democrats from improving the lot of poorer members of American society, as Obama has been.

Ju Ju

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2016, 05:57:48 PM »

Not the same as declaring war! More airing possible solutions to a terrible situation.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 11:36:37 AM »

Paxman nor Vine would encourage me to watch/listen to a programme  :-\

The Canadian Prime Minster said months ago that this is how Hitler crept into power ………

Annika

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 05:52:59 PM »

I'm not sure what you maybe hearing in the UK but as Wikileaks continues to drip drip drip the level of corruption from the Clinton camp is overwhelming as many of us suspected all along and its very disappointing for this country. From paying mentally ill and homeless to disrupt Trump campaigns to destroying thousands of emails,corruption in the FBI and other branches of the Government. I agree Trump is rough around the edges but I would take that any day compared to this. Obamacare which was so touted by some folks on this website will increase upwards of 100% beginning next year some will pay $1,100 monthly for this delightful healthcare system and should they want to drop out they will be fined for doing so. (Clinton has said she will expand it) These politicians will say anything at all to get elected and deceive people into voting for them especially the minorities who Democrats promise everything and deliver nothing but still expect they're vote every 4 years. It is truly disgusting to see the conditions how some of these folks live down here in the South not to mention the big cities. So with that said you bet I would vote any day for a non politician who already has a track record of creating jobs and building an empire, just maybe he might be able to get things moving again.

breeze

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2016, 09:31:32 PM »

Or he could start World War 3.

No thanks.  If you vote him in the whole world has to suffer the consequences.

Dana

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »

I agree Breeze.

Trump is a whole lot scarier than just being "rough around the edges". I will never understand how any woman or anyone from a minority group could vote for him.

Any minor good he might do will be totally undermined by all the hatred and negativity he will incite. You will be far worse off. Thank goodness he looks very unlikely to win at this point.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:35:00 PM by Dana »

Dana

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2016, 10:00:25 PM »

We actually hear a lot in Australia, and I would never vote for him.

Hurdity

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 07:41:51 PM »

Dana

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2016, 09:21:43 PM »

The money appears to be on Hillary - thank goodness. However, the aftermath of the pro-Trumps could be a bit worrying with all their (and his) talk about the election being "rigged".

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2016, 11:13:29 PM »

not keen on either but I think Trump will win.

Hate, hate, hate those hideous bright trouser suits Clinton wears. They are frightful and do nothing for her.

Dana

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2016, 07:45:07 AM »

Well I hate hate hate that hideous fake tan (with white eye surrounds) and comb over that Trump has, to say nothing of his bombastic bullying and inciting of violence and racism.

Hillary Clinton's appearance has nothing to do with her ability. She has never been a slave to fashion, and good for her for wearing things that are probably comfortable.

I doubt Trump will win, but my concerns are what kind of hate and violence he will incite when he loses, with all his nonsense about it being rigged and not accepting the result.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:23:58 AM by Dana »

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2016, 08:22:33 AM »

Well I hate hate hate that hideous fake tan (with white eye surrounds) and comb over that Trump has, to say nothing of his bombastic bullying and inciting of violence and racism.

Hillary Clinton's appearance has nothing to do with her ability. She has never been a slave to fashion, and good for her for wearing things that are probably comfortable.

My comment was an aside to my other comments where I said I wasn't keen on either of them.  Did anybody see the two US comedians a "Trump" and a "Clinton" lookalikes on tv yesterday they were hilarious.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14